Metal 2015

It won't come close to this year, but 2015 should prove to be good. For me, I am looking forward to new Nokturnal Mortum (no info as to a release date...should have been this year but looks doubtful now). Hopefully Omnium Gatherum will release something but that's unlikely. Devin Townsend is sure to do something. It's a long shot but hopefully Arcturus will get off their ass and release an album and an even bigger long shot would be the mighty Bal Sagoth coming out of their cave. It's been almost a fucking decade, when you think about it, since the last album, which was a masterpiece. I even emailed them and asked but they said they have nothing written or planned, but if they do release anything more it will be 'far darker and more evil than anything that's come out before'. *Sigh*

I don't see how 2015 can possibly follow up to 2014 but I hope I'm wrong. Maybe we'll see a new Nile album that doesn't suck like the last one who knows...

Anacrusis-now-a-Kenn Nardi-solo-album is supposed to come out in January I think. Off the top of my head I can't think of anything else that isn't very vague in terms of release (like the new Coroner).

before this thread takes off, can the mods condense the previous years (maybe 2009-2013) with links in a thread similar to the Rec forum stickies

...and Carcass?

Last I checked Jeff Walker said they were going to go back to their other bands for awhile and that it would probably be awhile until the next Carcass album. But they've also said that they definitely want to keep making albums and touring. So who knows...

before this thread takes off, can the mods condense the previous years (maybe 2009-2013) with links in a thread similar to the Rec forum stickies

Done. I will keep the last 3 years of metal threads pinned as a convenience. I unpinned 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 threads to clean up the top of the forum. I referenced these threads in the Band Directory that Grant started.

This one will be stickied.

I thought a few of these would release this year but guess not. Gorgoroth, Wormed, Acid King, 40 Watt Sun, Weedeater. Im sure ive heard of more but cant remember right now. Dimmu Borgir will probably release an album this year as well, or at least the live dvd they have been working on for years. Hopefully Sleep will announce something instead of just Clarity repress' and im hoping WITTR will abandon the 'Celestite' direction and go back to Black Cascade era sound. I think Leviathan is working on a new album as well.

I'll just drop a quick list of bands who are probably going to release a full-length next year for now. Some better known ones and some neverheards.

Amorphis
Be'lakor
Barren Earth
Enslaved
Tool
Chaos Divine
Anthriel
Turbid North
Oddland
Pressure Points
Nerve End

Looking pretty decent already.