3. Deathhammer - Evil Power
4. Manilla Road - The Blessed Curse
5. Iron Kobra - Might & Magic
6. Macabre Omen - Gods Of War-At War
7. Black Force - Spirit Of Ancient Writings
8. Nekro Drunkz - Absolute Filth
9. Inculter - Persisting Devolution
10. Dr. Shrinker - Contorted Dioramic Palette

I had to alter my list as I forgot one of my favourite albums from last year.

1. Ironsword - None But The Brave
2. Nocternity - Harps Of The Ancient Temples
3. Deathhammer - Evil Power
4. Manilla Road - The Blessed Curse
5. Iron Kobra - Might & Magic
6. Macabre Omen - Gods Of War-At War
7. Black Force - Spirit Of Ancient Writings
8. Nekro Drunkz - Absolute Filth
9. Inculter - Persisting Devolution
10. Corman - The Corman Film School

Also I changed my top 30.

2015AOTYBANNER.png

Personally, the new Deathhammer and Nocternity albums did very little for me. Perhaps I should give them a few more listens, but I can't say my initial impressions warrant additional jams when there are better albums out there.

Like the new Megiddo. I swear that thing is wonderful.

predictably, i second a lot of the stuff on CiG's top 30, and on the lists by yoda and cook-ta

some stuff nobody seemed to mention (bolded ones are particular favourites):
dodheimsgard - a umbra omega
venomous maximus - firewalker
armory - S.M.I. EP
tarot - the warrior's spell

trial - vessel
tulsadoom - storms of the netherworld (also cover art of the year i reckon)
ranger - where evil dwells
suspended - hollowed minds
embrional - the devil inside
valkyrie - shadows
blood incantation - interdimensional extinction EP
hrom - legends of powerheart part 1
tentation - s/t
nightbreed - s/t
night demon - curse of the damned
hammer king - kingdom of the hammer king
sweat lodge - talismana (more hard rock but really fun)

Reactions: CiG
This is a pretty good list with decent presentation. Dude is into some harder stuff than I typically am, but overall solid. Dude needs to work on his adjective usage a bit though...

Last edited:
I barely even listened to 10 releases from 2015. I sampled lots of the bigger releases and very little caught my attention. Liked these a lot, however:

Panphage - Storm
Panphage / Jarnvidr - Gøthalandom
Nachash - Conjuring the Red Death Eclipse
Ithaqua - Initiation to Obscure Mysteries
Possession - 1585-1646
Necromantic Worship - Spirit of the Entrance Unto Death

New Macabre Omen and Satan albums were good too. And Malokarpatan's Stridžie dni is interesting. Needs more listens.

I still need to check out the Mortuary Drape / Necromass split, the Cultes des Ghoules EP, Nordvrede's new album (fucking vinyl only bullshit) and some others.

tarot - the warrior's spell

I didn't include that because it's a compilation. (He's just announced the full length and revealed the art.)

Personally, the new Deathhammer and Nocternity albums did very little for me. Perhaps I should give them a few more listens, but I can't say my initial impressions warrant additional jams when there are better albums out there.

Like the new Megiddo. I swear that thing is wonderful.

Funnily enough that's how I felt about Crypt Sermon which I noticed was in your list. Thought it was very average, one of those albums that doesn't call to me for another listen at all. I was excited for it when it was announced but once I got it... I dunno.

So I'm finally going to begin my 2015 best of list. Probably going to add to it as I don't think i can really put 10 albums on it right now. A lot of the stuff I listened to this year was catching up from other years. But, here it goes, no order.

1. Visigoth - The Revenant King
2. Black Majesty - Cross of Thorns
3. Melechesh - Enki
5. Blood Incantation - Interdimensional Extinction ep (whatever its an EP)
6. Jungle Rot - Order Shall Prevail
7. Havukruunu - Havulinnaan

I've listened to quite a bit of other 2015 stuff but not enough to put it on here. This list will grow or change as I listen to more.

Reactions: The Ozzman
So I'm finally going to begin my 2015 best of list. Probably going to add to it as I don't think i can really put 10 albums on it right now. A lot of the stuff I listened to this year was catching up from other years. But, here it goes, no order.

1. Visigoth - The Revenant King
2. Black Majesty - Cross of Thorns
3. Melechesh - Enki
5. Blood Incantation - Interdimensional Extinction ep (whatever its an EP)
6. Jungle Rot - Order Shall Prevail
7. Havukruunu - Havulinnaan

I've listened to quite a bit of other 2015 stuff but not enough to put it on here. This list will grow or change as I listen to more.

Liked for Jungle Rot. My list is going to change because I got like 4 more albums that dropped in 2015 AFTER 2015 ended. I'll have that this month hopefully

1. Amorphis - Under the Red Cloud
2. Swallow the Sun - Songs from the North
3. Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Prometheus
4. Paradise Lose - The Plague Within
5. Blind Guardian - Beyond the Red Mirror
6. Paradise Lost - Symphony for the Lost
7. Moonspell - Extinct
8. Children of Bodom - I Worship Chaos
9. My Dying Bride - Feel the Misery
10. Def Leppard - Def Leppard

but I just went and checked out metal releases of 2015 on wikipedia and I realise there are probably a dozen bands I really like who have put out albums that I haven't heard. I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Here's mine in (mostly) order:

1.) MISÞYRMING – SÖNGVAR ELDS OG ÓREIÐU
2.) Mgla - Exercises in Futility
3.) Obsequiae - Aria of Vernal Tombs
4.) Venexfixion - Defixo (an EP but this stuff is amazing. I bought it on bandcamp and didnt realized I bought a cassette).
5.) Genocide Shrines - Manipura Imperial Deathevokovil
6.) Death Karma - History of Death and Burial Rituals Part 1
7.) Macabre Omen - Gods of War - At War
8.) Taphos Nomos - West of Everything Lies Death (EP but this stuff is killer)
9.) Starlight Ritual - EP (Heavy Doom metal from Canada recently discovered and was blown away by)
10.) Chrch - Unanswered Hymns ( awesome doom that you can get lost in. this spot was pretty hard for me to fill. but when I throw this on, I'm really amazed.)

Some honorable mentions:

Litourgiya- Batushka I really loved this. I love the hymns and its use of chants and church sounding hymns. It was really hard for me to choose between this and Chrch.
Aerial Ruins- Ash of your Cares Aerial Ruins have been a personal favorite of mine since forever.

There's still so much I havent heard in 2015. Like the new Uncle Acid, and that Khemmis stuff which sounds promising as fuck, and Iron Kobra. I have to make a few purchases today.

Edit: Fuck, I totally forgot Black Magic SS - The Black Abyss. Thought it was relased in January for some reason and not December. Well... I'll have to add it tbh. I'd probably put it somewhere around 4 or 5... damn I gotta redo this shit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Krow and CiG
I really wanted to like the new Enslaved, because I loved RIITIIR... But man it sucked. The nicest thing nuclear blast did for me, turns out, was cancel my order for the rarest vinyl variant because they couldn't fill it.

I just realised today that Gentlemans Pistols released an album last year. Completely went under my radar and from what I can tell everybody else's too.

Is it just me or has nobody mentioned this yet?

@Draehl

Finally got around to rounding out a top 10 list. Order's about right.

523674.jpg

Kauan Sorni Nai

532187.jpg

Dead to a Dying World Litany

507660.jpg

503446.jpg

False Untitled

483026.jpg

477884.jpg

533717.jpg

Vastum Hole Below

505997.jpg

Akhlys The Dreaming I

520246.jpg

525089.jpg

Krallice Ygg huur

Honorables: Nocturnal Depression Spleen Black Metal Lychgate An Antidote for the Glass Pill Der Weg Einer Freiheit Stellar Panopticon Autumn Eternal Deafheaven New Bermuda Bell Witch Four Phantoms.

Reactions: Draehl