Top albums for 2015

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
What are some of your top albums for 2015 everyone?

Man I am never good at remembering what I got in a given year! Some that will appear on mine for sure are:

Ghost - Meliora
Eclipse - Armageddonize
Braindance - Master of Disguise
Symphony X - Underworld
Magnus Karlsson's Freefall - Kingdom of Rock
Praying Mantis - Legacy
Kamelot - Haven
Joel Hoekstra's 13 - Dying to Live
Gloryhammer - Space 1992: Rise of the Chaos Wizards
Riverside - Love, Fear An The Time Machine
Wulfhook - The Impaler

Special mentions:

Queensryche - Condition Human (cool album, liked it a lot, but not more than the other 10)
The Darkness - Last of Our Kind (if the whole album were as good as the first three songs, it would have been in my top 5)

A band I discovered this year but this was a 2014 release:

Perturbator - Dangerous Days (Dark Synth - like 80s thriller/horror soundtrack stuff)

I haven't been trying out many new releases this year, as movies continue to replace music as my main hobby. Whatever top list I make, it's going to be a list of all albums that I've listened to at all...

1. Miami Horror - All Possible Futures (Really amazing ethereal stuff. And quite a breakthrough that a non-metal or non-rock album takes the top spot... 8,0/10)
2. Symphony X - Underworld (lovely album. 7,0/10)
3. De Jeugd van Tegenwoordig - Manon (Another cool non-metal/rock album. It's Dutch electronic/synth hiphop stuff, and it's super fun. Got old quite fast though 6,8/10)
4. Iron Maiden - The Book of Souls (nothing mindblowing, but solid and quite nostalgic in places. 6,5/10)
5. Nightwish - Endless Forms Most Beautiful (surprisingly not a complete disaster. 5,5/10)

Gloryhammer - Space 1992: Rise of the Chaos Wizards (I have to give this more spins for a score, but it sounds fun at least)
Avantasia - The Mystery of Time (So boring I didn't get past a single listen. Maybe I missed out on something but I doubt it)

I don't even know where to look for albums to complement this piss poor top list. What a year. :/

I'll copy & paste my picks from "2015 AOTY" thread to here, only by adding 3 more albums:

Zierler - Esc
Kamelot - Haven
Vanden Plas - Chronicles of the Immortals - Netherworld II
Ghost Ship Octavius - Ghost Ship Octavius
Symphony X - Underworld
Arcturus - Arcturian
Arcane - Known/Learned
Galneryus - Under the Force of Courage
Iron Maiden - The Book of Souls
Loszeal - Ideal World