Top 50 Albums of 2015

As usual, I see a few things I missed it need to check out,and will end up on my end of year list

The ambient instrumental one seems like something I need in my life

Wow thanks, I am so glad I checked out the new Teramaze. It reminds me a lot of Circus Maximus' Nine. It is incredible song focused prog metal. The musicianship and chops are there, but it is always in service of the song and never really devolves into wankery.

If it were not for this list it might have passed me by.

Great list G, gives me some homework to do, as it does every year. I can say that Shattered Skies, Pyramaze, Teramaze, Earthside and Amorphis have been in constant rotation as of late, great and awesome music. I cant get enough!!!!

Bear

You just made my iTunes account very happy, not sure my bank account is :)

Neal Morse's The Grand Experiment. The song "Agenda" is a clunker though.

I didn't have a problem with "Agenda". A little different and quirky but still not a bad song. Agree that this disc is definitely top 10!
2015 was another good year for rock & metal. My list is quite different from Glenn's but a lot of the top 10 stuff is similar. No Ugly Kid Joe??? That cd kicks ass! Anyways, I wait to see some other top-whatever lists so I can compare, find new gems and have some things to chat about

My favorite and most depressing thread of the year. It's my favorite because it's always great to find new music I haven't listened to yet and depressing for the all money I have to spend to get caught up. Amazon and iTunes here I come.

Surprised no one mentioned Mustasch....Testosterone is solid compared to previous releases.

Have had the Widek release on since last night,picked this and the previous one on I tunes. ..

High recommended for those that like their instrumental prog highly ambient and atmospheric. .

Ken's got the Sound Struggle album on his site for all of $9. I'm listening to it on Bandcamp now and just ordered it. The vocals don't bother me as much as I'd initially anticipated, and the music is outright fucking bonkers in the best way possible.

That is a great list Glenn. I have to disagree with one thing..... the new Vanden Plas is HEAVY. Someone must have slipped you the wrong disc. Yeah their are three balladish songs on it, but they bring the noise to this one in my ears. Love the new Riverside as well. I do hear a little Pearl Jam, but I hear a lot of Pink Floyd as well. That is a compliment. Floyd was a special band.