Metal 2018

Exxxekutioner from the UK released Death Sentence last week. Doesn't look like there is any YT clips yet.

Cuband band Royal Rage have a new album titled Conquer out too. IMO there is better, heavier and faster songs on the album than this video but it's all they have released as far as I know.

MA lists Fear the Priest as an EP and they were on one compilation. But this is the first stuff I've heard of theirs.

Reactions: CiG
I don't mind Death Sentence. Not sure I'll seek out the EP or the compilation but as far as debut albums go it's pretty good.

I just gave up on Royal Rage. There is some good riffage on the album but there is some real dead zones and the singer is just not to my liking.

Moving on to Taipan NightVisions since I went and got a copy today.

I don't mind Death Sentence. Not sure I'll seek out the EP or the compilation but as far as debut albums go it's pretty good.

The EP isn't exactly mind-blowing. :lol:

Liking what I'm hearing from Death Sentence though.

Moving on to Taipan NightVisions since I went and got a copy today.

I checked out a couple of songs from it last night and wasn't feeling it.

I checked out a couple of songs from it last night and wasn't feeling it.

TBH I'm not surprised but I've been a fan since the 80's and known different members of the band since that time. This album like their others are straight out of the 80's, fast and dirty.

The whole album is probably an acquired taste, it's nothing new, in fact it's probably closer to a carbon copy of what they have done previously. But they do put on a great live show and despite the years in the middle where they seem to have fallen asleep and forgotten to wake up they are stalwarts of the Aussie scene. But having said that I wouldn't expect it to be a hit with that many people on here.

They started in '78 or something like that, they are OLD school blokes :)