Metal 2021

While Exodus do have an album coming Salt The Wound is 7 years old.

Reactions: CiG
Was really feeling a dearth of good epic heavy metal in 2021, and this release is exactly what I was missing! God bless the French!

Vocals are a bit yikes.

I can see why you feel that way but I think they're pretty great. I love when you can tell a vocalist is just giving it their all without being a particularly technically proficient vocalist. Love how he's got a real thick Swedish accent too, feel like you don't hear that much in modern Swedish metal! Fucking Swedes are too media-poisoned nowadays to speak English with a proper accent.

This band reminds me of Realmbuilder in the sense that their sound is rather bare and it really does sound like a two-man band (which it is), but they compensate for being shorthanded with ambitious and sprawling songwriting.

waiting for that Herzel to be streaming entirely on bandcamp..didn't love the EP but that one track sounds good.

Liked the previous Ice war too, wonder why that didn't come up on my bandcamp feed..

Gargoyle finally followed up their 2016 doom metal demo.

More black metal from the Ice War guy.

I can see why you feel that way but I think they're pretty great. I love when you can tell a vocalist is just giving it their all without being a particularly technically proficient vocalist. Love how he's got a real thick Swedish accent too, feel like you don't hear that much in modern Swedish metal! Fucking Swedes are too media-poisoned nowadays to speak English with a proper accent.

This band reminds me of Realmbuilder in the sense that their sound is rather bare and it really does sound like a two-man band (which it is), but they compensate for being shorthanded with ambitious and sprawling songwriting.

I'm not sure what it is that bothers me about the vocals. It's not his accent though, it could just be a frivolous hurdle I'll easily get over once I listen more. I definitely agree with everything you said though, I also like all those things.