Metal 2021

Jon Schaffer of Iced Earth is out of jail by virtue of the plea deal he worked out with prosecutors.

I'm really curious guys, what do you think about Iced Earth now? Does the fact that he's such an utter idiot and moron affect your opinion on the otherwise nice band? I've never been an extreme fan of the band, but right now I don't feel inclined to explore any of the band's music at all. What's more, there's only one band member remaining except for Schaffer, which basically means that the band is on the verge of ceasing to exist.

https://www.metalsucks.net/2021/04/...on-schaffer-walks-free-after-89-days-in-jail/

They’re pretty much like Pantera to me now, I like a couple of their songs but have no interest in the rest of their music or political beliefs.

Yeah, I don't have to like the guy to listen to his music and I'm not sure how a crime committed today changes music that was recorded yesterday.

Reactions: CiG
Used to be a big fan but they haven't released anything worth listening to in a long time. I am done with Iced Earth and Shaffer after his actions at the Capitol on Jan 6. Fuck that guy and the rest of the traitors.

Reactions: EspaDa and Baroque
I occasionally listen to Night of the Stormrider or Burnt Offerings. Any more it’s the only iced earth shit I can stand.

Fuck em, not even for that capital shit... fuck em for The Crucible of Man... bringing Barlow back right when i graduated high school. My hopes were so high. Fucking annihilated by that pos album.

im not saying i agree with the dude from iced earth but sacking the capitol is pretty fucking metal

Or it would've been if they'd done it for more nihilistic reasons, perhaps.

Agreed. There's nothing metal about storming the capital because the retarded politician you fellate believes his opponent cheated and stole the election from him. That's the definition of being part of a fucking herd lol.

Reactions: EchoForever