Metal 2022

0029633055_10.jpg

Basically "what if Vektor was a melodic black metal band". I love that every other song is this sprawling 10-minute stream of consciousness thing that goes all over the place. Might be too unfocused for some but I adore this winding style of songwriting (enough to forgive the occasional meatheaded groove.)

Reactions: AlienZombie and CiG

New track by Atlanta death metal band Occulsed. It's part of a compilation of their first two demos out December 23rd.

Last edited:
OK, I've been perusing this thread, but as summary, what are ya'lls top recs for black, death, and power this year? Especially lesser known or newer bands. Not just the new Immolation and Blind Guardian, for example. So far from what I've heard tops are:

Death: Artificial Brain- S/T, Hath-All That was Promised

Black: Saidan- Onryō II, Luminous Vault- Animate the Emptiness, Asunjokei- Island

Power: Fellowship- Saberlight Chronicles, Unlucky Morpheus- Evolution

Reactions: CiG
Black: Saidan- Onryō II, Luminous Vault- Animate the Emptiness, Asunjokei- Island

Not heard of any of these. Some favourites from me are Wampyrinacht - Night of the Desecration (even though it's more trad than BM), Ultra Silvam - The Sanctity of Death, Pure Wrath - Hymn to the Woeful Hearts, Wiegedood - There's Always Blood at the End of the Road

Last edited: