Metal 2023

Most of the bands I've heard say things like that are bands people don't want more than one or two songs from.

• Haha
Reactions: CiG
Anthrax is the main band I've heard talk about it. They've claimed everything from fans not having the attention span to fans wanting more output over a longer period (i.e. multiple eps a year rather than 1 lp). Bottom line is that Charlie "Don't Pick On Me" Benate and Scott "I Love You, Lars" Ian are out of ideas and haven't been able to come up with something decent since before the pandemic. Both Benate and Ian are looking for excuses to prolong the recording process and given they play the same 8-10 song playlist (which can include up to 3 covers) some might say it's pointless them even doing an EP.

Reactions: zerostatic
That about sums it up these days.
Possibly followed but Scott screaming, "We're still relevant!"

Megadeth - now there's a band that should switch to releasing EPs. I only really liked 2 songs across their last 6 albums. I always hope for EPs to be on the level of albums though and it never happens. 1 or 2 great songs and 25 mins total never seems like enough to become a fav release for me.

a0140145859_10.jpg

"Listen to our nine military stories about the battles of the last 50 years, in Europe, Asia, Russia, where Russian weapons collided with some enemy weapons by a hail of bombs, tank guns and ring of steel, after which only peace and silence ensued."

Russian death metal, very cool artwork!