Metal: A Headbangers' Journey 2 [shooting in israel]

Hellbell

New Metal Member
Jan 28, 2006
A part of the movie's sequal should be shot in israel.
I would definetly like to see orphand land in it. :headbang:
Are there any plans for you to be included in it ?

for some reason only the circus band arallu is known to be participating in this:yuk: , this is very odd. are they trying to make their movie a big joke ?:lol: :loco:

also odd that awesome bands like: orphand land,salem,bishop of hexen or lehavoth are'nt included
some great bands you have there in israel! Hope things will work out with the movie and maybe, Orphand Land will be the rightful representatives of israel.
:kickass:

i heard that turkish band mezarkabul (pentagram) is also included, at least the scene where they played to the world leaders. does anybody know anything about this?

anyway since orphaned land is included this sequel is sure to be great :) and if mezarkabul is also included it will definitely be AWESOME!!

Indeed. Cool news! :kickass: First one kicked ass though but there were some problems. (no Death,Manowar,Opeth,Orphaned Land etc.) But I think this one is gonna be awesome with OL and Pentagram included.

I think Ashmedi from Melechesh is going to be interviewed. He said that they filmed parts of one of their live shows for the documentary.
But I could go on a whole long rant about why I disliked the first movie, but that's for later.

Reasons why I did not like the first one (this isn't even a rant, it's just a brief summary)
Too much focus on glam metal
Too much focus on modern metal
Not enough focus on the first wave of black metal. It was cool that they talked about Venom, but how come they only showed a picture of Mercyful Fate? That band was every bit, if not more influential than the mighty Venom. WHat about Bathory, Celtic Frost/Hellhammer, Tormentor, even Sodom!
Not enough focus on the black metal scene. A 30 second interview with a wasted Necrobutcher does not count as a Mayhem interview. Why not try to get Necrobutcher at a time when he's sober? WHy not interview Hellhammer? Why not interview Maniac? If he interviewed Attila, he could have done Tormentor and Mayhem at one shot!
I can understand interviewing Gorgoroth, but Gaahl from Gorgoroth? I could have told you what that nutcase would have answered. The guy is clinically insane, how could any journalist interview someone like that and use him as a representative of black metal? Why not interview King Ov Hell or Infernus? Why not spend more time with the Enslaved and Emperor guys? What about Darkthrone? If he interviewed Fenriz or Nocturno Culto, I don't even remember it.
Black metal is also not "Wagner meets thrash meets punk". Black metal was originally structured after punk, folk and techno (yes, Euronymous structured a lot of Mayhem's old songs after techno music). The classical influence was incorporated later on. Even if you look at Dimmu Borgir, they started out playing folk black metal, not Wagnerish black metal. Same thing with Emperor. Garm called Ulver's Bergtatt as their attempt at classical black metal, but that was very folk influenced as well.
If traditional second wave black metal was based on any classical composer, it was Grieg, which is very different.
Oh yeah, don't put Cradle Of Filth on the list of black metal.

Where was the focus on death metal? That was like such a short focus before they went to this metalcore shit. Why not talk about Death? What about other influential death and tech death metal bands?

That documentary gave very vague information that anyone with any kind of metal knowledge what so ever could have easily told you. Instead, it just furthers the stereotypes that are associated with metal.

But if for the second one he is really going to do Melechesh and Orphaned Land, I will check it out.

@ Metal head, I haven't seen the movie, but from your info I'm a kinda disappointed. From an insider I'd expect a better job. The only reason to go for the standard stereotyping is because it sells better to the general public.
Shame& scandal is a great selling point.:saint:

This is why I said that having this filming bussiness can be great for OL if it's handled the right way. But you know the guys if you met them- they can charm the pants off of anyone because of their personalities!

And to avoid stereotyping in the future; I am asking all metal fans that when interviewed ( you never know) and you are terribly drunk? Then just shut the hell up, then no dumb drunk interview. See? its easy... :)

Hey, nobody dare try to interview metalhead87 if they cannot handle a drunk! I'll offend, flirt if they're a chick, scream out my favorite bands, then show you how friendly a war loving right winger can be all before I pass out.:saint:

I never said that the documentary guy tried to make everyone look bad. I think his goals were sincere, but he just gave no information and ended up making everyone look bad. Now when people think of black metal, they think of Gaahl saying "Satan" and how they will continue to burn down many more churches etc. (even though that scene hasn't really been too controversial in well over a decade, except for the Gorgoroth Krakow scandal).

This is awesome news for Orphaned I wish I could be at that concert! (Pity I'm leaving Israel in four days :( ) The publicity will be really good for them as well and the Israeli metal scene in general :kickass: .

The Minds Eye said:
This is awesome news for Orphaned I wish I could be at that concert! (Pity I'm leaving Israel in four days :( ) The publicity will be really good for them as well and the Israeli metal scene in general :kickass: .

have a nice trip back

I think I also forgot to mention that the original didn't focus on prog metal! Where was Fates Warning, Queensryche, Watchtower, Dream Theater etc? What about shred/prog like King Diamond, Cacophony, Yngwie etc?