Metal: A Headbanger's Journey

Glenn Fricker

Very Metal &Very Bad News
Mar 6, 2005
22 Acacia Avenue
Anyone here see this film? It's a documentary on metal music by a young Canadian Anthropologist. Personally, I found it fascinating & bought a copy. You can only tell so much in two hours, so yeah, there's lots left out, but overall I was pretty impressed. The two disc set also includes a second mini doc extension on the Norway scene. Pretty cool all around. Highly recommened!

Here's the link:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478209/

Yeah, it's pretty good. I saw it when they showed it in theatres last year at some film festival and rented it the day it came out to see it again.

He completely avoided any mention of Doom metal (I don't even think it was on the genre tree) which was really the only thing that kind of bugged me greatly. Some other things here and there but as you said, you can't include everything in 2 hours.

Other than that it was pretty good. The drunken Mayhem interview was funny, and the Gorgoroth interview :lol:
I must have been sweet to get a tour of Dio's house, it was pretty cool looking and he seems like a really nice guy.

I think the new documentary will be more interesting though. He's travelling all around the world and making a documentary on the metal scenes around the world, especially in Asia, South America and the Middle East.

I've seen him at a few local shows though every once and a while since he lives on the island. Seems like a nice guy.

the interview with this lad from frostbitten gorgoroth is effin priceless.
sorry if theres some fans around but personally i found it so
ridiculous i was just rolling on the floor laughing so hard.
and the guys from mayhem haha.
great documentary though, suited for metal-insiders as well
as outsiders. they even made the effort to explain all the subgenres.

trym^^ said:
the interview with this lad from frostbitten gorgoroth is effin priceless.
sorry if theres some fans around but personally i found it so
ridiculous i was just rolling on the floor laughing so hard.
and the guys from mayhem haha.
great documentary though, suited for metal-insiders as well
as outsiders. they even made the effort to explain all the subgenres.

+10

When he goes..."........(long pause)..........................satan.................."
I almost blew Kool Aid out of my nose.

Metalhead28 said:
+10

When he goes..."........(long pause)..........................satan.................."
I almost blew Kool Aid out of my nose.

Yeah, I laughed my ass off at that part too. Notice he was masturbating his wine glass at the same time?