Metal Bands of the Future

LIZ METAL

Dragon of the Aesir
Mar 3, 2002
Asgard
Visit site
I went to Pearl St. again to see some local metal as well as the ever-growing popular Iron Corps., having gone there just to see them(they're my buddies :) ). Mortal Terror opened up with a good vibe, setting the standards for the following bands. They were more of a Faith No More/ Kill Em All-era Metallica type. Then Corpse of Christ came on and despite a being a really impressive Death Metal act, they were laughed at when the crowd noticed a keyboard/drum machine where a drum set should of been. The Gothic attire, fake blood, and police light on the keyboard did little to spark any intrest amoung the metalheads.

Little can be said about the 3rd act, Dark Memory. They sounded pretty good but were unable to get the pits in constant rotation. Pits were born during the other acts but lasted seconds at a time if that. I was too busy flirting with a hot chick to concentrate on Dark Memory anyhow.

Then there was the Searching For Words. Led by a woman whose vocals were versitile enough to scare the men away. I think the men who stayed remained there in hopes of seeing her tits, but twas in vain.

Next band was the most awaited band of the night. Iron Corps. started off with a brand new song then swayed over into the well-known song, "Iron Corps.". Lead singer, Travis, got the crowd going at full speed and pits were created at his command. The people displayed the popularity of the band by chanting "Iron Corps.!" repeatedly after every song. Despite Nick's problems with his bass not being loud enough due to the sound guy's equipment not working properly, the band enjoyed constant cheers, cries, Hails, and chants. They gathered the largest crowd of the night at the stage front and had the longest-lasting pits. Jose` and Mike's guitar playing was fluid while Ryan's drum beats were effortlessly executed. And when the guys came to their last song, Travis asked the crowd what they wanted to hear. After reving up the people, the answer was and had been clear...."For The Metalheads"!!!! Soon after the band stepped off the stage the night club was almost entirely deserted even tho there was still one band left to play. Around 10 people (give or take a few) approached the stage to see Moribound. About 20 other people were still about in the club, some chilling out in the lobby. A few minutes later my ride showed up so I have no idea what Moribound sounds like or how well they were.

And that is a small fraction of metal from the Bay State scene courtesy of a teen who had to be home before midnight:D