Metal bands that sound like Pink Floyd

It would have to be a band that released a metal album early on and then became more and more experimental, and even then they wouldn't sound like GOOD Floyd.

Obviously no one does both at once but Anathema's Judgment is a good mix of Pink Floyd-influenced prog rock and later Katatonia goth rock/metal (I don't really consider it metal but I guess it is). Likewise Porcupine Tree isn't really metal but gets metal-ish at points and tries to emulate Pink Floyd at others. Their most "metal" releases are their last two, but those are pretty weak by their standards, so go for songs like Russia on Ice and Arriving Somewhere But Not Here for some of their earlier stuff that mixed space/prog rock and metal.

I bet Floyd has influenced more metal (probably prog) bands than we all think? To start with, Queensryche is / was hugely influenced by Floyd. I think this came out more in thier mid-to-later releases. I'm guessing Pagans Mind was influenced by Floyd as well?

I find Ansur - Warring Factions is probably one of the best Pink Floyd/psychedelic/prog rock influenced metal albums of late. Fucking awesome album.

Lots of bands in the prog metal genre... dream theater, fates warning, etc

I am hardcore fan of Pink Floyd :headbang::loco: and i think Pink Floyd band can not be compared with any band.Yeah metal band's music is good but Pink Floyd is best.
# Wish You Were Here (1975)
# Animals (1977)
# The Wall (1979)
# The Final Cut (1983)
These are some fantastic album of Pink Floyd.
"Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr" is the track of Metal Band which i like most .I appreciate their effort to give some good music to listeners:worship:.When i will listen all music of Metal band then i will decide is Metal band sound like Pink Floyd or doesn't. Royalty Free Music

this is a stretch but some of the musicianship in this song reminds me of floyd, and the structure of this particular album, The Mantle, has that same sense of being bigger than itself that you find in albums like Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall. imo or course =)

Last edited by a moderator: