Metal/Bauow - FDGCFAD - Vocals - Axe-Fx

-Loco-

Knives.
Apr 17, 2009
Hey guys, long time since i've posted something a bit heavy. While i'm working on the band's e.p I did some tone test clips then ended up working on this one particularly as a full song to get some vocals on the go for fun/practice!

Vocals provided by Chad Kapper from A Dark Orbit/When Knives Go Skyward (JT from danza's side project)

Mix geeks:
Fake bass (pitched down guitar since my bass won't go any lower than an A without sounding incoherent).
Superior 2.0 - Slate Kick + Superior Kick blended
Axe-Fx with metal 412 cab!

Youtube video (not high quality grr):

Free download available here: http://juggernaught.bandcamp.com/

If you like what you hear please subscribe to my youtube channel :)

Thanks guys! Sorry the mix isn't perfect..I hate not having the real bass!

Last edited by a moderator:
A dark orbit?! love them! :D

this song is pretty nice too. mix is pretty good, don't worry too much about it!

thanks,

wkgs's 1000 miles of rope, and specifically the way chad and josh fit together, is my favorite musical thing to listen to. he sounds really good on top of this.

Hey guys sorry for the late response - I forgot to check back here before christmas. Thanks for the feedback! I'm working on another song just now - different tones. Chad will be providing vocals for this too and then maybe we'll start a project or something! Knives are awesome :)

I love how thick the guitars sound. I also really dig that this vocalist has a bit different range than you usually hear. I wish i heard more character to it though maybe some parallel comp or eq could bring it upfront more. Glitches and ambient guitars are badass and the track as a whole slays. The drums fit very well, but I dont hear much separation between kick and snare, toms could use more work for their sound too. Awesome work.

Cheers,
George.