Metal Church news !!!

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
Guitarist and METAL CHURCH mainstay, Kurdt Vanderhoof informed BW&BK that the new lineup includes longtime drummer, Kirk Arrington, alongside a trio of "new" faces, including singer Ronny Munroe (ex- ROTTWEILLER), Jay Reynolds (ex-MALICE), on guitar and bassist Steve Unger. The new album (tentatively titled Weight Of The World) was finished this week and the band is searching for a label, as well as overseas festival dates. The album is expected to be released in early summer.

Bryant

Like I posted elsewhere I rather have the "Blessing In Disguise" line-up. I know Wells is not an option anymore (he turn Christian or something like it), and Ericsson is working on a non-musical related job (I'll miss him in the controls). But I do hope the new singer is on the Howe level at least, still puzzled what happened with John Marshall?. I'll have to hear the album prior to acquire it anyway.

heheheh this one is interesting because I'ma huge Metal Church Fan I fucking love em but do I love em enough to buy a cd with the Title Metal Church on it but with really nobody from Metal Church playing on it? I dont know ... as Wyvern said I will prolly have to hear it prior to purchashing

JonnyD said:
heheheh this one is interesting because I'ma huge Metal Church Fan I fucking love em but do I love em enough to buy a cd with the Title Metal Church on it but with really nobody from Metal Church playing on it?
As long as Kurdt Vanderhoof plays in the band, it's still Metal Church ;)

Fangface said:
As long as Kurdt Vanderhoof plays in the band, it's still Metal Church ;)
That's a relative Fang, Vanderhoof composed in all albums after "The Dark", but he didn't play in them again until "Masterpeace".

Besides he has his own band, so I wonder what he wants in Metal Church :confused:

You have a good point Wyv', what I meant is that Metal Church was founded by Vanderhoof and that he wrote their classics back in the day. Therefore Metal Church can't go on without him IMO.
Anyway I will always miss Howe's voice...

Fangface said:
You have a good point Wyv', what I meant is that Metal Church was founded by Vanderhoof and that he wrote their classics back in the day. Therefore Metal Church can't go on without him IMO.
Anyway I will always miss Howe's voice...
So do I :erk: . I still wondering why try to make something with the Metal Church moniker if he has his own band, and as you well pointed he is the soul of the band? Wasn't easier to continue his career leaving the band resting in peace?

Without Wells (or Marshall), Erickson and Howe it won't be the same...

JonnyD said:
heheheh this one is interesting because I'ma huge Metal Church Fan I fucking love em but do I love em enough to buy a cd with the Title Metal Church on it but with really nobody from Metal Church playing on it? I dont know ... as Wyvern said I will prolly have to hear it prior to purchashing
I think Vanderhoof and arrington are the "core" of the band. Kirk arrington is an extremely underrated drummer and one of my favorites. I couldn't imaging MC without him. I'm very curious to hear it.

Bryant

Bryant said:
I think Vanderhoof and arrington are the "core" of the band. Kirk arrington is an extremely underrated drummer and one of my favorites. I couldn't imaging MC without him. I'm very curious to hear it.

Bryant

I'm Curious to hear it myself it could be good but man without the rest of the guys it just wont be right I can deal with no David Wayne that doesnt bother me I always liked Howe Better but what always made me like Metal Church was the musicianship...... lol I just dont know If I will be able to dig this one even if its good

JonnyD said:
I'm Curious to hear it myself it could be good but man without the rest of the guys it just wont be right I can deal with no David Wayne that doesnt bother me I always liked Howe Better but what always made me like Metal Church was the musicianship...... lol I just dont know If I will be able to dig this one even if its good
I understand your point but I disagree. Marshall/Wells/Vanderhoof are all very average musicians. I loved their music, but I could take their place in Metal Church. Don't get me wrong as I was a huge fan of them, but I think the band was greater than the sum of their parts.
Kirk Arrington was pretty much an elite drummer with his work on "Blessing" and I think Duke was a slightly above average bassist, but it was really Kirk's drumming and Kurdt's riffing/songwriting that made the band in my ears so that's why I am still interested in them.

Bryant

Its definetly gonna be interesting we will have to compare our likes and dislikes when it comes out all this talk about it is getting me excited. When is it coming out? .... I agree with you about Kirk and Duke is awsome IMO a big influence for me :D tho Marshall and Wells are nothing major and I always Credited my liking of the guitar sound to Kurdt :) I knew it was all him ....... this is just gonna be very interesting we will have much to discuss :D

JonnyD said:
When is it coming out? .... :D

The new album (tentatively titled Weight Of The World) was finished this week and the band is searching for a label, as well as overseas festival dates. The album is expected to be released in early summer.

Bryant

Bryant said:
The new album (tentatively titled Weight Of The World) was finished this week and the band is searching for a label, as well as overseas festival dates. The album is expected to be released in early summer.

Bryant
Ok, i wrote that down. Summer. I'll be the first to buy it.

Yes--

It seems most of you prefer the Howe vocals, but I would take Wayne. I have every recorded CD and the live one that came out a few years back.

Interesting about the average-ness of the members, while I haven't thought about that before, I see the point. There really isn't anything musically that puts this band over the top, but they are still one of my favs.

The thing I like about this band is that the name, titles, song subjects/lyrics, and LEADS are the epitome of metal IMO. Just in-your-face cool shit!!