metal dev no more shows?

here's the lowdown:

From their MySpace bulletin, posted Sunday October 9th:

"I am about 90% sure that tonight will be the last show at Metal Devastation. If you werent there on saturday, there were some very disrespectful people. There was a couple big fight and cops were involved. There was too much money lost. We can't wait for it get worse and worse until somebofy gets killed. My apologies to all the bands who had shows scheduled.

By the way a glass door was purposely broken and no one took responsibility for it. If want to support MD in hope to have shows again, feel free to donate whatever you can so we can replace the door."
---------------------
Posted a little later:

Update:

For the people that think this was not that big of a deal. We have to pay a fee for each cop that was present that night. Aprox $80 - $100 per officer. The door will cost aprox $1000 to replace. Lucckily no merchandise was damaged from being knocked down during one of the many fights. And also this show was not "our" show. It was done by a promoter. The promoter is basically renting the place for the show. We do not provide them with security or door people. We don't even provide a PA. The promoter is suppose to privide the PA and Sound Technician. We are still working on getting the shows to stay but it doesn't look like they will. For sure all hardcore/metalcore shows are cancelled. No offense to any of the bands, just the malicious people they attract.
-----------------------------

THIS http://www.trustkill.com/shows/show....backToSearch=1 is the show that brought an End to Metal Dev 2.

It was a Metalcore/Hardcore show.

The8thPlague said:
the latest word I've heard now is that there might be a Benefit show for the door & that Metal D will still have METAL shows there.
But no Hardcore shows.
So that's good if it's true.
good. im sick of this shit. i stopped going to shows for awhile after the six feet under show at the jar where those hardcore kids beat the fuck out of that dudes eye and pretty much caused a big stink over there as well. its getting fucking retarded. even when im on tour ill go somewhere and see these douche bags "dancing" just disrespectfuly kicking innocent bystanders doesnt matter if its a chick or a 14 year old dude. what the hell is so tough guy about that?

abigailwilliams said:
good. im sick of this shit. i stopped going to shows for awhile after the six feet under show at the jar where those hardcore kids beat the fuck out of that dudes eye and pretty much caused a big stink over there as well. its getting fucking retarded. even when im on tour ill go somewhere and see these douche bags "dancing" just disrespectfuly kicking innocent bystanders doesnt matter if its a chick or a 14 year old dude. what the hell is so tough guy about that?
err i meant good referring to the o hardcore shows.

The thing that sucks is these faggot hardcore/metalcore bands are getting on more and more true metal shows, and infiltrating the haven...

I would definitely go to a benefit gig if I have night off. I heard which HC kid started it and it doesn't surprise me as he is often behind the chaos. I was at the Ludicra,Keen of the Crow,graves at sea gig at MD 2 the night after the incident. That was a killer show!!!

I don’t know I think this is a bunch of he said she said, from what I have heard was that one of the security guys of metal dev was aggravating one of those hardcore kids from the x24x crew or a friend of theirs that was probably aggravating him, and that’s what started the fight. Then I heard it escalated with breaking something because metal dev locked all the kids in the building when stuff got out of hand, and a pissed dood that wanted out broke the door. The crowd didn’t take responsibility for telling who it was either so there is some disrespect going around. The only people that know and seen who it was, is the metal dev family and those close to the door when it happened.

I’m sure whoever that busted the door could get apprehended but are they really going to go after that person, looking for him at a show? But whatever, that’s just what I heard from the promoter and friends that were there. Its not the promoters fault thats for sure. And yea there should be some kind of benefit show going on, we need to keep this place up and running. I don’t mind if metal or hardcore kids kill each other in the pit or whatever, as long as they don’t damage the club or the bands equipment, or the band members on stage.

VEHEMENCE said:
I don’t mind if metal or hardcore kids kill each other in the pit or whatever, as long as they don’t damage the club or the bands equipment, or the band members on stage.

I do.... I dont pay 25$ to go watch some fat sweaty assmonkey beat up people. I go to watch bands perform, which in my opinion is art.

No fucking doubt...if you want to be a fucking douchebag and swing your fists around and kick like Van Damme or whatever the fuck just stay the fuck away from metal shows! It's one thing to have good rowdy fun moshing with your buddies or even just other metalheads...but when some hardcore fucker starts spinning around, that shit just needs to be shut the fuck down. I say it's a great call to disallow any hardcore or metalcore shows form damaging and possibly shutting down the few venues we have available. Sure, they might come out to a metal show, but they need to know if they get out of hand they will be removed from the premises.
We just went to the Suffocation show (w/Cattle Decapitation, Aborted, Cryptopsy) at the clubhouse and had a blast (no hardcore dickholes)!! Shit, the last gig at the Metal D. w/Impaled and Disgorge was a great time.
Metal fans need to spread the word, and help control the hard/metalcore population.
Remove dancers from the club.
Enjoy the fucking show.