Metal Devastations 2

PANTERAaddict101

Vehemence Worshiper
Sep 16, 2002
Phoenix
www.geocities.com
Found this on collective underground...

This is for anyone in the Phoenix area who actually cares about the health of our scene here. Metal Devastation 2 is in serious danger of getting shut down. In order to stay open, Gerardo needs to get a certain type of noise permit. Money is not an issue here, but Gerardo is afraid his application may be denied. I don't think I need to remind anybody that this is the last venue in town for underground metal.
If you are in a local metal band, here's how you can help. Gerardo asked for any band in the Phoenix area to write a letter of support, signed by all members. Basically just to reiterate that this is the only place for certain people to hang out, and to sort of show that the venue allows people to do something constructive with their time, rather than go out and create chaos.
If you are not in a band, there are also ways to help. Go out to the shows! Support the venue, and by support, I mean actually go in to the shows. Don't hang out and drink in the parking lot. Don't wander up and down the street. Everytime a cop rolls by and sees a bunch of under age kids drinking in the parking lot, it just makes it that much harder to keep the place open. There are plenty of other times to get wasted, but there are not plenty of other venues for death metal and grindcore in this city.
Please do whatever you can to help out this situation. Gerardo and his family have done so much for our scene, I think it's about time we all did something to help him out as well.

PLEASE REPOST THIS!!!