Metal Drum Loops???

What you have and what you are buying are all really good. I think you can do some awesome things with all that. As far as the drivers for XP just make sure to keep checking the manufactures website and the windows site as well, Im confident somone will have something :) As far as books, heres a couple of good ones :D

Recording in the Digital World: Complete Guide to Studio Gear and Software
by Thomas E. Rudolph, Vincent A., Jr. Leonard

Principles of Digital Audio
by Ken C. Pohlmann

Both available from amazon.com :) Good Luck!! :D

Thanks! I will check those books out.

Do you read Electronic Musician? I find some useful stuff in it; although, most of it is way over my head.

I have looked at issues of Computer Music, but they are about $15 per issue where I am. I have been reading their website, though.

Thanks again for all the advice. You are now my hero. Please check back every now and then. I'll probably have more questions.

Hey no problem:D Just glad my knowlage is usefull to someone, I really dont mind;) Yeah I do read electronic musician, Im from the states too, And its expensive lol But its worth it, Tons of good info ;) As far as the advice, Anytime bro:) I'll check back from time to time, Take care bud:D

Hi, Per from OddGrooves here. I know this is a really old thread, but it turned up when I googled "metal drum loops".

If anyone's still interested in metal drum loops, we just released a couple of free ones arranged for drum samplers such as Superior Drummer and Addictive Drums. Visit free metal drum loops and download them if you're interested.

And if you happen to like what you hear we have a whole library of metal drum loops, aka The Shredder Pack.

Per

EZ Dummer is pretty damn cool. and its easy! :headbang: great VST if used with drumkit from hell. has tons of metal loops. just drag and drop into something. i use REAPER for recording.

Idk if its the same type of program your looking for, but have you heard of Metal Foundry? Im planning on using it for trigger sounds on our new project. If you get the add on Superior Drummer 2.0 you get soooo many new sounds you can mess with perfect for metal. Sounds SUUUPER realistic.

http://www.toontrack.com/index.asp?

Good example of these drum sounds in action is the band Periphery.

david

The best way I found to make drums is to map them out in Guitar Pro, then export them as a MIDI file, and then import them into FL Studio. :headbang:

Why when I import a midi into fruity loops can i not hear the midi when trying to play it?