Metal Express Radio PP USA V review

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
I just wanted to share this review. I really enjoy Frode's writing (even if I don't agree with all of it).

If you see anymore online reviews from sites (not forums), please post a link.

cheers,

Glenn H.

Harvester said:
I just wanted to share this review. I really enjoy Frode's writing (even if I don't agree with all of it).

If you see anymore online reviews from sites (not forums), please post a link.

cheers,

Glenn H.
Glenn, what's the url?

Disagreed with their take on Wuthering Heights most. Sounded to me like the crowd was way into them right from the start. Otherwise, great review, and very good pictures.

The Wuthering Heights review strikes me as highly unfair. WH is a studio band and not prone to touring at all. As such they don't have a cultivated orchistrated stage show like all the other participants, but musically their set was excellent.
Since they almost never do live shows, I believe this was their first in four years, their presence at PPV was the real gem of the show for me. I also think it was a great coup for Glenn to have them come at all. It also speaks volumes to the respect and regard that PP has earned.
Well met Harvester, and well done.

BenMech - you may use the word unprofessional, because that's what I am.
Keep in mind that I travel from Oslo, Norway to see Progpower, on my own expense. I go there first of all as a fan, not a pro writer with all expenses covered, and therefore, if I want to get into the car and go 5 minutes up Peachtree Road to see one of my favorite bands - who never ever played my home country (and most likely play your neck of the wood twice a year (yeah, just very jealous)) - I feel very free to do so.
No harm intended, I just feel the need to explain myself, although you have the rights to disagree, unprofssional or not, whatever...

All the best,
Frode

BenMech said:
As good as Tesla are live, going across town just to miss one band to do a review like this sounds unprofessional.

Although, I disagreed with him simply on the Into Eternity paragraph.

The rest of ther review works well

Frode said:
BenMech - you may use the word unprofessional, because that's what I am.
Keep in mind that I travel from Oslo, Norway to see Progpower, on my own expense. I go there first of all as a fan, not a pro writer with all expenses covered, and therefore, if I want to get into the car and go 5 minutes up Peachtree Road to see one of my favorite bands - who never ever played my home country (and most likely play your neck of the wood twice a year (yeah, just very jealous)) - I feel very free to do so.
No harm intended, I just feel the need to explain myself, although you have the rights to disagree, unprofssional or not, whatever...

All the best,
Frode
Unprofessional or not, I'd have done the same thing given the circumstances. Metal Express is IMHO the best internet radio station on the planet. Just wanted to say thanks for a great site and service.

Very good review indeed... Only one problem... To see someone leaving behind Pain of Salvation to go see Tesla makes me upset.... But I guess taste it's like the butthole.. Everyone has its own different one....

Hey, I would have left all the bands there except for "Savatage" to see Angra play Atlanta, so at least we agree on some things... ;)

AngraRULES said:
Very good review indeed... Only one problem... To see someone leaving behind Pain of Salvation to go see Tesla makes me upset.... But I guess taste it's like the butthole.. Everyone has its own different one....