PP IV review in new Metal Maniacs

Daybreaker

Red, Hot, and Heavy
Jul 6, 2002
San Antonio, TX
Visit site
And this actually has a good deal of Power Metal with interviews with Iced Earth, Falconer, Nightwish and reviews of blind Guardian and Stratovarius. Anyways, I'm glad it didnt take them almost a year to get this out like the review for PP III. It's pretty scathing though, he obviously didnt like Redemption, Nightwish, Pagans Mind, Circle II Circle and Secret Sphere. While I disagreed with Matt (also from Pharoah) and several of his comments (especially the opening one) he has his opinion and he's been around the block several times when it comes to music. Anyway's, I actually reccomending snagging this issue for stuff other than the PP review, if not just read it at the newstand.

Ben

I saw the review today and as far as Redemption goes, I don't take any offence and actually agree with him for the most part. We are a young band, and that was our first gig together ever. I met Corey Brown a week before that show, and only met Nick and Bernie 3 months before the festival. I think the our performance at ProgPower was good for the most part but we did not have the advantage of time to grow into a tight knit-unit like a lot of the other bands. I commend the reviewer on his astute observation. Maybe next time we can light a fire under his ass. :)

Chris

Prymary/Redemption

As for Redemption, you better release another album and not let the s / t be one of those things that never happens again because it's too hard to get everyone together to record again. The band is too good to simply fade away.

Ben

One of Immortal that looks like every other damn press photo they've done, (graaaaaaagh!! My warclub of doom shall slay you with the power of the frozen north!) Skinless and the big fold out has Cannibal corpse with George looking fat and then a cool old school black and white one of Obituary.

Ben

As for Redemption, you better release another album and not let the s / t be one of those things that never happens again because it's too hard to get everyone together to record again. The band is too good to simply fade away.

There will definitely be a new Redemption album coming soon. I will be taking Jason Rullo's place as he is to busy with Symphony X to record and James Sherwood of Prymary will also be joining the band on bass. We are full time members of Redemption now. Nick is currently writing some music for the next album which we will be recording sometime this year I am told. Seeing as all the members live in the La area with the exception of Corey Brown, recording should not be too difficult to pull off. Thanks for the compliment.

Chris

Prymary/Redemption

Even though Matt's reviews of some of the PPIV bands weren't all that flattering, he certainly was supportive and positive about Glenn and the PP festival. Matt was careful to point out that many of his band opinions were affected by seeing several of the bands several times over several years at several locations worldwide (he's been there, done that...). As Matt suggested, those who came to the festival to see Nightwish and Evergrey for the very first time would be blown away. I was among that group, and yep, I was blown away by Nightwish and Evergrey.

Although my tastes in music aren't exactly the same as Matt's, I did enjoy reading the article and found it honest and often funny - even if I didn't argee with everything written.

Daybreaker said:
One of Immortal that looks like every other damn press photo they've done, (graaaaaaagh!! My warclub of doom shall slay you with the power of the frozen north!)

You realize, of course, that Immortal's warclub of doom really DOES have the power of the frozen north behind it, and consequentially could, in fact, slay you easily.

Ryan (it's true!)

I dont see how anyone can really take Immortal seriously. (I'm assuming you were joking as well) I mean my friend who loves the most brutal music ever when it comes to grind and black and death thinks Immortal are cheesier than Rhapsody, Kiss, and Richard Simmons combined.

Ben

Daybreaker said:
I dont see how anyone can really take Immortal seriously. (I'm assuming you were joking as well) I mean my friend who loves the most brutal music ever when it comes to grind and black and death thinks Immortal are cheesier than Rhapsody, Kiss, and Richard Simmons combined.
Dude, no way. they're going to come riding over the battle wastelands of the frozen north any second, bringing with them satan's vengeance and mighty evil death holocaust winds, with much diabolical mysticism and battle spirits. and spikes. lots and lots of spikes. the more spikes you have, the more serious something is.

Ryan (though i actually do like Immortal, but still... :loco: )

Metal Maniacs? Can you get that anywhere? Because Iv never seen before. Never looked before either..but thats besides the point. lol.