Album review of Exciter's new album in Metal Maniacs Mag

Jun 25, 2004
Anyone read this month's issue of Metal Maniacs? .... the review of Exciter's album was not too flattering to say the least.... it pretty much trashed each individual band member except Clammy (they didnt even mention him actually but at least he didnt get trashed) ... anyways let me know what you thought about it if you read it...

This is also the same magazine that said The Haunted are the second coming of Exodus. So no one should have a problem in not taking them seriously in any way.

Jean-Pierre said:
This is also the same magazine that said The Haunted are the second coming of Exodus. So no one should have a problem in not taking them seriously in any way.

They said that about The Haunted? lol i have to read that part.. but its probably a different writer/journalist... :tickled:

And wich album are they talking about ? If it's "New Testament" they are pretty behind on things, like it's already out for 6 months or so ...and pretty wrong too, it's certainly not bad !!!!

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
Anyone read this month's issue of Metal Maniacs? .... the review of Exciter's album was not too flattering to say the least.... it pretty much trashed each individual band member except Clammy (they didnt even mention him actually but at least he didnt get trashed) ... anyways let me know what you thought about it if you read it...
They didn't trash the Clamman, because he didn't appear on that record...
Either way, I love the record & it was my reintroduction to the band.
It's a review. You can agree or disagree....
And I can't wait to hear the Clamman on the next Exciter disc!
By the way, Clam, when is that site gonna get up & running?!

I stopped with Metal Maniacs crappy publication several years ago. When I strated buying it was damn good and the best thing before the coming of Internet. But after a few years turned into an unbereable fountain of shit, with editors that make some of the idiots at M-R look like geniuses.

I don't read paper mags anymore, electronic is the future...

...and Exciter rules so fuck them!

Wyvern said:
I stopped with Metal Maniacs crappy publication several years ago. When I strated buying it was damn good and the best thing before the coming of Internet. But after a few years turned into an unbereable fountain of shit, with editors that make some of the idiots at M-R look like geniuses.

I Agree 100% with this statement!

Thanks my fellow boarders but I'm only another bald guy.
a040.gif

@ JD: second time we agree, I hope this doesn't turn into a custom :p :lol:

Wyvern said:

I agree but I'm type of person that likes to read it in my hand not on the computer screen with the exception of bulletin boards... as for Metal Maniacs... yeah they have some crappy band sometimes but usually one or 2 good bands per month for me to read the interviews or of a band that i havent heard their music yet but im curious to see what they have to say in the interview and sometimes i even pickup their CD... once in awhile i pick up a fanzine type of publication from Tower Records that deals with Extreme metal... :Shedevil: anyways i forgot to mention the review was mainly about the fact the Exciter didnt pick classic Exciter tunes to be on the album mostly... im still getting it eventually anyways.. the CD... if i run across it which i havent yet... :Smokedev:

Wyvern said:
Thanks my fellow boarders but I'm only another bald guy.
a040.gif

@ JD: second time we agree, I hope this doesn't turn into a custom :p :lol:

I hope you didnt think i was putting down Exciter because i wasnt.. just read that review in the magazine and wondered if anyone else did and what they thought of it especially Clammy if he read it... :loco:

Ah well, you can't please everyone! :D

Overwhelmingly, the reviews have been VERY positive. The negative ones I've read or heard of, have been REALLY negative. It seems as though the reviewers either love the CD or hate it. Fine by me. Eveyone is entitled to their opinions.

I'm looking forward ot recording the next CD with Exciter. So far, the new songs are DEADLY! I believe people will really dig the new disc when it comes out. :devil:

Cheers!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Clammy said:
Ah well, you can't please everyone! :D

Overwhelmingly, the reviews have been VERY positive. The negative ones I've read or heard of, have been REALLY negative. It seems as though the reviewers either love the CD or hate it. Fine by me. Eveyone is entitled to their opinions.

I'm looking forward ot recording the next CD with Exciter. So far, the new songs are DEADLY! I believe people will really dig the new disc when it comes out. :devil:

Cheers!

When will the new one come out? ... also are you on the New Testament because i recalled your name was mentioned in the advertisements when that album came out but Sixx just informed us that you weren't on it.. i thought there was a new tune or two on it and you played on those? ... :confused:

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
When will the new one come out? ... also are you on the New Testament because i recalled your name was mentioned in the advertisements when that album came out but Sixx just informed us that you weren't on it.. i thought there was a new tune or two on it and you played on those? ... :confused:

I didn't play on the CD (I was thanked in the liner notes, though), but I had joined the band by the time it was released, so they mentioned that i was the new bass player in the ads.

No date for the new CD yet. We'd ideally like to have it out this summer, but that'll depend on many things!

Cheers!