Metal fans geeks?!

I don't like science fiction or LOTR... I guess I am the only one that is not a geek here :lol:

Bah! Go ahead and try and pigeon hole me. I am what I am and damn proud of it. Go ahead, label me. As soon as you do, I'll show you another facet of my being and blow your pre-conceived notions right out of the fuckin' water. Call me a devil worshipper. Call me stupid. Call me what you will. It will tell more about your ignorance and insecurities about yourself than it will show anything about me.

kittybeast said:
searches the house to see if I have any of the Franklin Mint Star Trek plates left :saint: ALL HAIL METALGEEKNESS! :headbang:

My Mom (rip) was a seamstress, and made me the COOLEST Star Trek shirt.
I still have first printings of the blueprints, technical manual, and all the books. Liked TNG enough, but preferred the original. If, as Wyv, said, being true to your music, and being a devoted fan makes you a geek, sign me the freak up!

J-Dubya - Geek, freek, and not meek.... :)

Wyvern said:
Orodruin
Mordor
Sauron
Gandalf
Saruman
Rivendel Lords
Fangorn
Ungolianth
Flying Nazgul
Nazgul
Balrog
Orcrist

etc.

(check M-A if you don't believe me)

I've heard of Gandalf and Nazgul as far as LOTR goes, but I've never heard of any of those bands.....doubt I'm missing much.

I've describe myself as a music geek for years now whenever some one asks me what I'm "in to".

However I don't think the term "geek" is as much of a negative as it used to be. Now days it's just a way of describing what a person is into.... music geek, movie geek, computer geek, sci-fi geek, horror geek, geek geeks (geeks who like geeks, my girlfiend is one of these :) ) Other words like nerd and dork also are not as negative as maybe 20 years ago. Just how I see it anyways.

My hobbies are varied and they include:

Raising my Son
Listening to music (mostly metal)
Playing guitar and bass
Playing Playstation II
Internet
Automation and machinery troubleshooting
Watching House MD and Eureka on TV
Football - both college and pro
etc...

I don't think I am a geek. I am just a poor eccentric. >:p~

Bryant

Geek and proud of it, bitches! :kickass: :headbang: :lol:

Can't really say I'm THAT much of a geek though, with the stuff they have listed here. I don't know the lyrics to my favorite bands since I spend so much time working that I don't get the chance to learn ANY lyrics from these bands; I quit playing songs from other bands quite awhile ago unless I was going to be playing them onstage; I don't care which is greater, the black album or Master (there are better albums by other bands!); I've yet to buy the computer games; I don't subscribe to any magazines or read biographies or buy the action figures or model my look off my favorite rockstar (I couldn't afford to look like that); and, I don't argue about who is superior, Metallica or Megadeth (again, there are better bands than both).

I do wear the shirts - I have more shirts than I have closet space, it seems.

I did hang out with the nerds and geeks because we all had a point of view that wasn't latched on to whatever was the most "in thing" at the moment. Trust me, I'd much rather be labeled a "geek," "nerd" or "freak" than be a trendy synthetic disco biscuit locked into the current fashion trend and listening to the Top 40. Belive me, nothing would be more puke-inducing! :puke:

When I saw Morbid Angel on the domination tour I don't remember much because I think I got wasted with some kid I met in the parking lot and probably thrown out of the concert.

My recent concert memories are mostly of listening to some guy in a top hat argue with some kid in eye-liner about whether Dimmu Borgir or Rhapsody has totally the sweetest orchestration.

I don't think metal is really the music of camaro-driving, mullet having, pot smoking high school drop outs anymore. Heavy Metal Parking Lot, where have you gone? Sigh...

D.

Warden_D said:
When I saw Morbid Angel on the domination tour I don't remember much because I think I got wasted with some kid I met in the parking lot and probably thrown out of the concert.

My recent concert memories are mostly of listening to some guy in a top hat argue with some kid in eye-liner about whether Dimmu Borgir or Rhapsody has totally the sweetest orchestration.

I don't think metal is really the music of camaro-driving, mullet having, pot smoking high school drop outs anymore. Heavy Metal Parking Lot, where have you gone? Sigh...

D.

While I strongly disagree with your recent contribution to the Philosopher forum, I couldn't agree with you more here. Though I am well past the years of identifying myself as a Metalhead per se(though I still love the music, take in shows, etc.) I see the modern-day Metalhead as a rather different animal than when I was younger. Indeed, the 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot' was all-too- typical. In the eighties "heyday" I hung with a pack of hoodlums, by and large. We drank like fish, screwed any girl that would stand still, smoked, fought, etc. Geeks? Hardly! There were a few scattered throughout the scene...but for the most part, it was debauchery all around...and we were proud of THAT:kickass:

Me? Geek? Fuck yeah!!!!!
Acctually a large percentage of geeks are into metal anyhow so it back to the egg and the hen again....

As for geeks not having sex, drinking, doing ***** and generaly living wild.... where the fuck do you people have that from?

As for the other things that makes me a geek, RPG, SIFI, large amounts of Fantasy, a former consol addiction (Sega for the win!!!!!), etc. etc. etc.