Metal Festivus! Atlanta - June 14th feat. Mindflow & Meyvn!

Metal Church are fantastic live, even to this day. I saw them at Jester's Pub in Fayetteville, NC probably about a year and a half ago. They were awesome (even with only one original member in guitarist Kurt Vanderhoof)...and they played all the best songs from the early albums. I would have like to have seen more people in the crowd, though...only about 50 people showed up, but it was still an utterly terrific show.

Nice to see you bringing Halcyon Way aboard Hoyt. Never see those guys playing Atlanta :loco:

MetalFestivus6x7.jpg

Tickets on Sale Mar 29th

Less bands and longer sets per band is always better my friend. Just a friendly suggestion.

my initial plan:

7PM – EbS (30 mins)
8PM – HW (35 mins)
9PM – ALD (40 mins)
10:15 - Meyvn (50 mins)
11:30 – Mindflow (as long as they want...)

This is my program showcasing three of the best Atlanta metal bands with two fantastic ProgPower bands... and it's a Saturday night! What else do you have planned? :p If you do not want to sit/stand through three bands you've seen/heard before, catch a movie instead. Just be at the venue by 10PM so you don't miss Meyvn and Mindflow. ;)

An hour (your limit) is longer than 30-35 minutes, and IMO the bands go to a lot of trouble to stay together/get to the gig/etc. plus most metal bands don't get to play out as much as they'd probably like anyway and would like to play longer than 20-35 minutes... so that's my reasoning for saying what I did. Just my opinion that's all. I doubt I'm alone.

I had rather see shorter sets by several good bands. I start to get bored with even a band I really like after about an hour. Maybe it's ADD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Ned View Post
Less bands and longer sets per band is always better my friend. Just a friendly suggestion.

Seeing as this is being billed as a festival, I don't mind the 5 bands. Personally, if I could change anything, I would give the opening 3 bands 45 minutes a piece and start it earlier. I have to admit though, that I have never come out of one of Hoyt's shows disappointed. I see no reason not to this time. All I know is that i am going to be there and enjoy the hell out of some good music.:headbang:

I agree he does bring some interesting acts together

Seeing as this is being billed as a festival, I don't mind the 5 bands. Personally, if I could change anything, I would give the opening 3 bands 45 minutes a piece and start it earlier. I have to admit though, that I have never come out of one of Hoyt's shows disappointed. I see no reason not to this time. All I know is that i am going to be there and enjoy the hell out of some good music.:headbang:

An hour (your limit) is longer than 30-35 minutes, and IMO the bands go to a lot of trouble to stay together/get to the gig/etc. plus most metal bands don't get to play out as much as they'd probably like anyway and would like to play longer than 20-35 minutes... so that's my reasoning for saying what I did. Just my opinion that's all. I doubt I'm alone.

Well I do agree that we put alot into doing a show and as a band we'd love to play 3 hours every time out. But getting to see a set of respectable length from 5 great bands is better than longer sets of just 3 in the case of this event I think. For a typical show I like 3 bands, so I don't think we disagree on this that much.

In this particular case, Mike, the three opening bands are working together to bring Meyvn and Mindflow to the show. We're starting early enough to appeal to a majority of the crowd. Folks are free to show up when they want to, watch who they like, and leave whenever they want. Sidelines has a great grill and bar, with excellent food and fairly priced drinks. So folks can show up early, catch a band or two and then take a break for some food in between sets. No one is made to simply stand there for 5-6 hours watching bands.

This show is an exception to the rule that I usually do with 3 bands playing from 45mins-hour each. And as stated above and on the title of the poster, this is a mini-festival that just happened to fall together at the right time. And if you look at the Masquerade shows, I'm doing no different with this one show than they do with most of theirs. ;)

Neither Mindflow nor Meyvn have any issues with the lineup nor the set times. They are extremely happy to have the opportunity to play here in Atlanta for the first time. :cool:

Thanks,

~Hoyt.

Neither Mindflow nor Meyvn have any issues with the lineup nor the set times. They are extremely happy to have the opportunity to play here in Atlanta for the first time. :cool:

Hell yeah! We can't wait. We're very happy about having more bands in this case, cause we've never played in Atlanta before and the other bands will bring people to the show that may not come otherwise, giving us a chance to win over some more fans.

Plus I just like seeing kickass bands I've never seen before!

- Drew

We think its a fair show, plus the three opening acts have played this venue on more than two occasions so we understand what we have to do in order to accommodate our travelling guests Meyvn and Mindflow so that they get the best out of their experience in Atlanta. :headbang:

I think this is a awesome lineup and I don't find it a problem with the set times. Like Hoyt said this is a cool venue. A lot of other things to do if you dont like one of the bands or just want to take a break. Food is good and the beers are cheap.

No worries Hoyt, just so you have a cot for the Exploding One. Old guys like me need a nap between sets :lol: Seriously, best of luck with the event.

In this particular case, Mike, the three opening bands are working together to bring Meyvn and Mindflow to the show. We're starting early enough to appeal to a majority of the crowd. Folks are free to show up when they want to, watch who they like, and leave whenever they want. Sidelines has a great grill and bar, with excellent food and fairly priced drinks. So folks can show up early, catch a band or two and then take a break for some food in between sets. No one is made to simply stand there for 5-6 hours watching bands.

This show is an exception to the rule that I usually do with 3 bands playing from 45mins-hour each. And as stated above and on the title of the poster, this is a mini-festival that just happened to fall together at the right time. And if you look at the Masquerade shows, I'm doing no different with this one show than they do with most of theirs. ;)

Thanks,

~Hoyt.

No worries Hoyt, just so you have a cot for the Exploding One. Old guys like me need a nap between sets :lol: Seriously, best of luck with the event.

;) noted. You let me know if you plan to attend and I'll provide a cot. :lol:

everyone please note that the tickets for this event go on sale this weekend, March 29th! Get yours early, because the room may fill up fast. Those who attended the CIIC show on Feb 2nd can attest to a full room.

I'll be approaching the Hampton Inn again this week for those who wish to travel in from out of town. Information will be posted at the start of the thread as soon as I have it. Thanks all!

:headbang:

Hoyt, where are tickets on sale? Is there a link? (This might have been covered earlier, but this is a 4-page thread now. :))

Also, what's Mindflow's schedule like? Will they be in town before or after the show?

Hoyt, where are tickets on sale? Is there a link? (This might have been covered earlier, but this is a 4-page thread now. :))

the tickets are on sale from the usual suspects: Ticket Alternative, as noted on the flyer in the very first post. ;) I'll add the link to that first post once they are on sale to make it easy for folks to find. Right now I don't want to cause a bunch of confusion by posting a link.

Also, what's Mindflow's schedule like? Will they be in town before or after the show?

I have no idea. But I'll find out soon. :cool: