Eclipsed by Sanity returns to the Masquerade in Atlanta!

Rider of Theli

The Hellequin
Mar 1, 2004
Hiram, Ga
myspace.com
Some of you already know, but this past week Patrick 'Hoyt' Parris (bassist - Theocracy) has rejoined Eclipsed by Sanity as their frontman. He is of course staying with Theocracy as well. This is great news for the local scene as EbS was quickly becoming a force to be reckoned with among the younger metal fans who have been brainwashed by the screemo/emo bands who are in abundance.

Eclipsed by Sanity instead play a modern style of power/thrash metal with clean vocals backed by occasional growlies. The lead guitar is influenced by many neo-classical shredders past and present; the rhythm section is influenced by bands ranging from Lamb of God to Iced Earth. And Patrick himself has been influenced by many vocal and songwriting heroes through his years of attending ProgPower USA. Please check Esa's pictures here from their not-so-final performance together this past June. ;)

*one quick note - if you happen to check out the EbS MySpace page linked above, please do not base your opinion on those poorly recorded 'live' songs. Folks on these forums who have seen EbS in the past can vouch for their on stage ability. The recordings are homemade, but should be replaced by a professional studio demo in the next couple of months. Chaos V is the only 'studio' recording and I happen to think it RULES!

And now Patrick has informed me that EbS has been invited to perform at The Masquerade on Saturday, Nov 24th - one year to the day since their debut at The Masquerade! And I'd like to invite all of the Atlanta metro area true metal fans to the show! They will be debuting a brand new song - the long awaited second part to the Chaos Trilogy! And -trust me- it stands to be their strongest song to this date. Time and details of the Masquerade show to come. But please consider buying tickets directly from Patrick or myself. Hope to see you there!

Beyond the Masquerade show, they had previously been invited to headline the Dimebag Tribute night on Dec 8th at the Insomnia Venue in Villa Rica, GA. The lineup includes the young local bands Tetrarch, Vitriol, Series Overkill, and Eclipsed by Sanity. These four bands make up a collective who started in the metro area around the same time frame in 2006. They have set out to change the face and the sound of Atlanta metal for years to come. So show up and show your support!

Thanks! :headbang:

I'll certainly vouch for EbS' live show; they were great when I saw them at the 7 Venue (Patrick's last show with them). Very young (I think Patrick was the oldster, no?), but lots of talent there. :headbang:

I'll certainly vouch for EbS' live show; they were great when I saw them at the 7 Venue (Patrick's last show with them). Very young (I think Patrick was the oldster, no?), but lots of talent there. :headbang:

yes, Patrick will be 20 yrs old March 2008, and everyone is currently between 17-19.

but they're damn good at what they're doing. :kickass:

I kinda knew it wouldn't be my "last show" with them. I figured everything would have a way of coming around and I couldn't be happier about it. Hope to see you all there, and if you can meet up with me before you buy a ticket at the Masquerade or meet up with me before you go in that night so I can sell you one of mine.

*bump*

and also some additional details:

Show starts at 7pm with two bands supposedly playing before us (don't know who, but Tim said he was getting two more bands) and the two bands after us are two of the more 'decent hardcore' bands in the local area. They're music is pretty good and they have a good following, plus unlike some of the hardcore bands, both bands members seem pretty nice and down to earth so Im not about to say anything negative about them. Tickets are $8 and in the future if you'd rather see a true metal band open up for a band like Symphony X, rather than an average hardcore band (not like the two we're opening for) that puts on a mediocre show at best, then help us out and buy a ticket from us. The more ticket sales we have to prove we can have a draw the better chance we have to open up for good national touring metal bands so you have something good to listen to when you get there early.

remember all you true metal fans in the Atlanta area... you know where the Masquerade is... and you know you're gonna be sick of turkey and college bowl games by Saturday night... so come on out and party with EbS as they storm the Heaven stage carrying the flag of power/thrash metal! :kickass:

Hope to see you there! :heh:

Argh, I won't be able to go after all. :cry:

A friends' band is playing at the Roxy that night, and it looks like they might be crashing here at the house that day (arriving from a show in SC).

Thankfully, this time they're not in a tour-bus, just an RV. I don't think my neighbors would appreciate a tour-bus growling in front of my house all day.....

The first time I saw EbS play live, I was pretty much blown away by them. I was a little reluctant to go see them because I was expecting it to be something in the vein of Slipknot or something of the sort. Especially giving their relatively young ages. The person that talked me into going was big into Slipknot at the time as well. Yes, I am guilty of stereo-typing. I was finally talked into going and now I am glad I did. Look out for these guys in the future! With Patrick taking back over the vocals, they will do some damage.:kickass:

The first time I saw EbS play live, I was pretty much blown away by them. I was a little reluctant to go see them because I was expecting it to be something in the vein of Slipknot or something of the sort. Especially giving their relatively young ages. The person that talked me into going was big into Slipknot at the time as well. Yes, I am guilty of stereo-typing. I was finally talked into going and now I am glad I did. Look out for these guys in the future! With Patrick taking back over the vocals, they will do some damage.:kickass:

Totally agree. I'm really sorry I'm going to have to miss this show. I'm also missing out on working overtime at work beforehand. Bleah. But, family is family.....

Here are pics from the whole evening including EbS' last show with Patrick B.I. (Before Interregnum :lol: )

And this.....

....is EbS' last song from that show (the audio is somewhat distorted, sorry).

Last edited by a moderator:
After a few days of light headbanging and "taking it easy", my neck has finally recovered from the Nightwish show. Unfortunately, based on the video that Paul just shared with us, it seems my neck will be in for more abuse tomorrow :D

Btw, Patrick, my Blind Guardian reaper shirt FINALLY came in. I will certainly be sporting it tomorrow night :headbang:

After a few days of light headbanging and "taking it easy", my neck has finally recovered from the Nightwish show. Unfortunately, based on the video that Paul just shared with us, it seems my neck will be in for more abuse tomorrow :D

Btw, Patrick, my Blind Guardian reaper shirt FINALLY came in. I will certainly be sporting it tomorrow night :headbang:
I moshed without any resulting soreness or bruises.:OMG::lol:

Here are pics from the whole evening including EbS' last show with Patrick B.I. (Before Interregnum :lol: )

Here are mine: album & slideshow (edit: woops, didn't notice that Hoyt had already posted the link.)

To echo what others have said: if you haven't seen EBS before, you'll be blown away. No age/experience disclaimers necessary; this is one of Atlanta's finest metal acts.

I'll be there tonight!

I'd love to go, but it's Iron Bowl night. :( What time do they go on?

8PM is the time they've been told. They are now looking at having to go on first of three bands instead of third of five bands since the two closers/headliners dropped out. But they're still going to kick some metal ass tonight! :cool:

And thanks also to Esa as always for the pictures posted above (and for the offer to make it out tonight!). He really knows how to bring these shows to life!

:headbang:

8PM is the time they've been told. They are now looking at having to go on first of three bands instead of third of five bands since the two closers/headliners dropped out. But they're still going to kick some metal ass tonight! :cool:

And 8pm sounds like a late-ish start for a first band at the Masq. Wouldn't surprise me if they went on at 7:30; that seems to happen a lot down there.

Hope the show went well! Traffic was DREADFUL due to a fatality wreck downtown, so here's hoping that didn't affect attendance.

I ended up being a merch-guy for the evening. Life is full of surprises. :heh:

And 8pm sounds like a late-ish start for a first band at the Masq. Wouldn't surprise me if they went on at 7:30; that seems to happen a lot down there.

They took care of us rather well this time in comparison to last time we played at the Masquerade. We were in the second band slot, and we were told we'd only be the first band if they couldn't find a last minute filler, so they told us no matter what we were going on right at 8pm. The show was fantastic, most of the fans were dead or on drugs that impaired one's ability to rock I guess (not a whole lot of anything from our usual crowd), And as always we had the best Photographer in the Atlanta area. Thanks Esa. One of the top 3 best shows I'd have to say.

They took care of us rather well this time in comparison to last time we played at the Masquerade. We were in the second band slot, and we were told we'd only be the first band if they couldn't find a last minute filler, so they told us no matter what we were going on right at 8pm. The show was fantastic, most of the fans were dead or on drugs that impaired one's ability to rock I guess (not a whole lot of anything from our usual crowd), And as always we had the best Photographer in the Atlanta area. Thanks Esa. One of the top 3 best shows I'd have to say.

Glad to hear it dude, sorry we couldn't represent!!!!!!