Eclipsed by Sanity - LIVE this weekend!

Rider of Theli

The Hellequin
Mar 1, 2004
Hiram, Ga
myspace.com
This weekend Eclipsed by Sanity will storm the stage at The Masquerade in Atlanta for the first time! I would like to once again invite my ProgPower family and friends out to see them perform. For those who do not know, Eclipsed by Sanity is fronted by my son Patrick 'The.Lost.Hatter' - a regular at ProgPower for several years now.

E.b.S. plays traditional power/thrash metal and has received good reviews at every show they have played so far. I'm expecting their show at the Masquerade to be their breakout performance that will hopefully have the venue asking them to return to open for national acts.

So please join us this Saturday night, Nov 25th to cheer them on and show support for the younger bands who play the old-school metal that so many of us have cherished for so many years. Check out the video on their MySpace page for a taste of their sound. (the video is not the best in sound or lighting and will be replaced soon) ;)

I hope to see all of my local PPUSA peeps there. :kickass:

Thanks,

~Hoyt.

I'll try to make it, can't make any guarantees at this point. As for everyone else, if you didn't make it out the other weekend to hear them.....you lost out. I was pretty impressed with Patrick and his bandmates, they have a great future ahead of them as they grow with their music. :D

thanks a million freakchylde. It was nice meeting you the other day.

Yes please everyone try to make it out. I'd love to get some feedback from more people. This being a last minute jump in, It would help us out to have people show up that wouldn't normally come to one of our more local town based performances.

We're very happy to be able to play in Heaven our first time at the Masquerade. To play on the same stage as bands like Iced Earth, Rhapsody, Manowar, and quite a few others is like a mini dream come true. Im just hoping we can make it to the finals for emergenza so we can play CenterStage.

Ah, I wish I could but I'm home all weekend for Thanksgiving. Good luck to em though, and they're definitely on my list of must-sees!

ebs_masq_ticket.jpg

disclaimer: actually not certain what the cost will be, but I imagine it will be between 6 and 8 bucks for an 'all locals' show

wow, I guessed right - tickets are 8 bucks at the door. :Smug:

so c'mon out to the Masquerade to see Eclipsed by Sanity about 22 and a half hours from now. They'll be wrapping up a night of 3 other mystery bands - since the venue hasn't told us who else would be playing. *grumble*

the way I look at it is: ECLIPSED BY SANITY is HEADLINING the MASQUERADE!!! :kickass:

I saw EBS at the 7 Venue (great place by the way - and going to be even better) and they rock the house. They are a young group but their live shows are enegetic and the band was very tight. I really enjoyed the cover of Aces High, which was spot on. The guitar work is excellent, you have to check out Val their guitar player, great fret work and a natural showman. Patrick really got the crowd going and delivered a flawless performance.
I have a lot on my plate this weekend, so I can't guarantee I can make it.
But for all you Atlanta locals go and check out EBS, this will be a good central location for everyone to get to. Who knows I may see you there.

Weird, the Masquerade's website lists a show in Hell downstairs ("Under the Influence Of Giants"), and that's all for Saturday.

not to worry - they are playing. E.b.S. has been invited to play because an entire show was cancelled in the Heaven room. So Tim had to scramble over the last 2-3 days to get some acts lined up. Patrick was one of the first to respond. And within a couple of hours was confirmed as playing at 11PM, closing the night for several types of genres... including a reggae act. :ill:

Thanks so much Sean for the review of their show at The 7 Venue. And if anyone can make it out tonight to cheer on Eclipsed by Sanity, the band (and myself) would be forever grateful. This last-minute show could be their opportunity to prove that they deserve to be invited to open for national acts. And that would be SWEET! Oh, and I plan to film their performance tonight, so a fair turnout would be a bonus for them as well. :headbang:

And Sean is right about The 7 Venue - it's a great place to play for a band and it's going to get even better. They just opened up their larger stage, and the room looks great! I can't wait to show off the bands I've lined up for Dec 16th in there. :heh:

the band was great, as usual. There was a fair turnout of about 40+ people in the audience. And that's better than when I first arrived and saw about a dozen there. I was afraid it would be a dismal night.

But Patrick says that the band agrees it was quite possibly their best performance yet. Hopefully I can get a few of you out to their next show (or the next) so you can see for yourself. :heh:

I may be a little biased, but these guys truly are that damn good. :kickass:

~Hoyt.

Was it upstairs or downstairs? 40 people upstairs isn't that many, but 40 people downstairs in Hell isn't too awfully bad....

E.b.S. has been invited to play because an entire show was cancelled in the Heaven room.

they were upstairs. And you're right - the room was practically barren. But they were playing for as many people last night as Nevermore played for in 1999 in the same room. ;)

Those are some great pics. James and I really hated to miss the show, but my parents were in town for Thanksgiving.... shoot us an e-mail and remind us when the next one is. We'll give it another try! :)

This Just In...

this past Saturday a band (i.e. world-dominating army of destruction) known as 'Eclipsed by Sanity' Owned the popular venue The Masquerade in Atlanta...the show was immediately followed by chaos...brief partial nudity....loud drunken swearing...and wet jeans galore...we are working on getting video confirmation of the wreckage but until then we have this short dramatization of what it may have looked like...

Masquerade - OWNED! :zombie:

come to Swayzes this weekend to witness the mayhem for yourself. :kickass: