Metal/Hardcore track - Guitar Rig 3 + Superior Drummer 2.0 -

bluntside

New Metal Member
Nov 7, 2008
Hey guys,

So ive recorded this track using the most budget hardware setup...

ESP H-50 straight into the Line-In on my Sound Blaster Card using ASIO Drivers....

Then just the standard "Xtreme-Metal" preset on Guitar Rig 3 and Superior Drummer 2.0 with a few EQ Tweaks...

So initially i was pretty happy with the sound i got, Yeah it sounds very raspy and flavourless but its there, and No bass added yet either.

What do people think?

Can anyone recommend anything i could do to improve the overall mix and give it more balls without spending any money on extra hardware ie Interfaces etc...

I really want to learn how to "Master" this mix so i can make it as loud and full as other tracks...but i have no idea where to start... i want to work on the drums as they dont seem to be really In-Your-Face.

Anyway please critic/review/analyse/recommend/comment

Also... if i bounced out each track or gave the Reaper file with sounds in a zip, would anyone be willing to try and master/fix it up for me? just so i can see if there is Anything i can do to improve this setup.

Thanks

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7258975&q=hi

Drums are pretty good for now. I'd bring the kick down quite a bit though.

Guitars sound really muddy. Try bypassing GR3's cab sim and using Voxengo Boogex with impulses.

Drums are pretty good for now. I'd bring the kick down quite a bit though.

Guitars sound really muddy. Try bypassing GR3's cab sim and using Voxengo Boogex with impulses.

Sweet thanks, Ive found Voxengo ill give it a shot.

When you say impulses... can you explain a bit more, im a n00b and have no idea... im using Reaper if that helps?

Ahm, I forget it, there´s other plugin to load impulses is called.....perfect space I guess and its free. You can match it with guitarhacks impulses, they are very good. Just deactivate cab simulator and add perfect space to the guitar track, quadtracked your stuff and you´ll get good output. See ya.

Hey, nice mix, pass me an mp3 and I will master it for you. You can trust me, Im not a songs thief ahaha, I´m also musician. My mail is: alejandro.cappa@gmail.com
So if you like it I cant tell you plugins that I use.

Sweet im emailing you now. you just after a Mp3 mixdown? or do you need the seperate tracks? i'll have to do that at home, at work now.