Metal in the Southeast

Heavenly Call

Jul 30, 2002
Atlanta, GA
www.myspace.com
Hey gang,

My cousin and I are taking a road trip around the Southeast the 1st weekend in May. Can anyone recommend any good metal CD stores/pawn shops/cool stores in any of these cities:

Chattanooga, Knoxville, Charlotte, Clemson, or anywhere nearby. We'll definitely be stopping by Disc Exchange in Knoxville and Manifest in Charlotte, but wanted to know of any hidden "gems" you guys may know of. Thanks for any help you might offer!

In Chattanooga, don't miss McKay's. They have a lot of used CDs including the occasional surprise metal gem, but they also have a great selection of used books, DVDs, console games, etc. It's easily the size of a large drugstore and I could happily spend a few hours in there. :)

The Disc Exchange in Knoxville is my favorite. I live closer to Chattanooga and it's worth the drive for me. If you become and eletter subscriber they will give you 10% off at the counter if you mention you are a subscriber. McKay's in Chattanooga is another favorite. I've found lots of stuff there. Evergrey, Symphony X, Iced Earth, Iron Maiden dvds. But you never know what they might have. There is also a McKay's in Knoxville located on Papermill Dr. (between I-75 and Kingston Pike). The Rhythm Section at the Mountain Mall in Gatlinburg is pretty cool. They are a little pricey and the store is cramped though. Hastings in Maryville (just up from Foothills Mall) has some good used ones sometimes.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Would not have known about McKays. Good call. I like Hastings too, there's one of those not too far from me. Don't worry Edgeofthorns, I won't quite be financially capable of buying everything in the store in Knoxville. I'll leave you one or two things. Ha ha! That is a great store! Any other suggestions?

In Chattanooga, don't miss McKay's. They have a lot of used CDs including the occasional surprise metal gem, but they also have a great selection of used books, DVDs, console games, etc. It's easily the size of a large drugstore and I could happily spend a few hours in there. :)
McKay's is GREAT! I go up there sometimes! Enjoy the journey!:headbang::kickass:

Manifest is really the only "gem" in Charlotte.

Try Lunchbox Records and White Rabbit on Central Blvd in Charlotte. Lunchbox had a decent selection when I went there a few years ago. Haven't been in White Rabbit yet.