Metal Karaoke Simple question

ApolloFC

Sax-Man
Sep 18, 2009
Greensboro, North Carolina
Assuming that I can pay for tickets for each night, this would be my first Metal Karaoke experience & I am unfamiliar with the format. Would this just literally be a simple Karaoke mix and live vocals only? I ask cause I am more of a jazz player and am more used to jam sessions.

I was listening to Painkiller yesterday and realized that that song is easily in my vocal range ^_^ I can't hit/sing the lower end of Halford's range well but that song is easy :eek: Rush's 2112 isn't that hard either. Sometimes it pays to be a Counter Tenor/Tenor :D

Last time they did the metal karaoke, the DJ was able to play CDs that participants brought in. The equipment he used enabled him to turn the vocals down in the mix that played through the speakers. So you're not likely to get a song list.

Last time they did the metal karaoke, the DJ was able to play CDs that participants brought in. The equipment he used enabled him to turn the vocals down in the mix that played through the speakers. So you're not likely to get a song list.

It will depend on the karaoke deejay. The one you're speaking of (Jory, from Bob's Karaoke) was GREAT a few years ago (how often will you get to see Nathan/Swordlord nail Immortal's "Sons of Northern Darkness"...or the singer from Cellador really nail Skid Row's "I Remember You?"), but he was unavailable the last time we did metal karaoke and we had to revert back to a more standard karaoke song-list. :cry: