Help Me Decide What Song I Should Learn For Metal Karaoke

ApolloFC

Sax-Man
Sep 18, 2009
Greensboro, North Carolina
I'm undecided between Judas Priest - Painkiller and Mercyful Fate - Song TBD.

King Diamond is easily within my vocal range it seems...even in his falsetto/head voice...though he's up there, he doesn't move around a lot in that octave or so I'm hearing and I'm matching him.

Halford is also in my range from what I can tell it'd just be hard to sing like him I think whereas King Diamond it'd be a little bit easier... thats just me.

Opinions? Suggestions?

It seems to me that if you are doing karaoke you'd want to do something that people *might* be familiar with. If you go the KD route you'd probably want to stick to Welcome Home. If you want to go the MF route you might wants to do an old classic like Into The Coven, or Curse Of The Pharaohs. With Priest you'd have a much better chance of finding a song others would be familiar with.

Britt

Mercyful Fate by a mile....
Painkiller's been done a bunch.
Sure, you would get more of a "pop" from the crowd.

You will get more of a "wow" from the crowd if you could pull off "Evil" or "Come to the Sabbath"

I didn't put two and two together for my first response. I forgot PP was a having a metal karaoke deal this year and thought you were learning the tune for some local function. Since it's for PP do something a little more off the wall from MF. Go with something like The Bell Witch or Witches' Dance.

Britt

I have been doing a bit of karaoke lately, its fun.. I sing Alice In Chains - Man in a Box, Everlast - Whats Its Like, Shinedown - Second Chance, Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under The Bridge and a bunch of other crap... I wish I had a metal voice, I dont, I have to make do with just a plain rock voice :)

Bear

NP: Darkwater -Into The Cold

I will definitely be at Metal Karaoke this year, but nothing will ever top doing the song "YMCA" with Nils and Steinar of Pagan's Mind on the (former) Triton Power Cruise last year! Hilarious and yes..someone has it on video!! :headbang:

I didn't put two and two together for my first response. I forgot PP was a having a metal karaoke deal this year and thought you were learning the tune for some local function. Since it's for PP do something a little more off the wall from MF. Go with something like The Bell Witch or Witches' Dance.

Britt

Not familiar with those tunes myself, at least I don't remember them. The metallica medley got me into MF (and that cover album got me into metallica i'd say actually) so thats why I know more of the tunes on Melissa for example.

Also, if you are a good frontman, you could get everyone to do the C.U.N.T. part of "Nuns Have No Fun"

I guess will find out if I'm a good frontman the night of the show :p I've never sung in front of a crowd before much less sing before except from what I'm doing in the car as of late. I'm quite comfortable with the stage though as I've been performing in ensembles since the 3rd grade and I know what I can and can't do with my voice.