Metal Mastering

West West Side Music does a wonderful mastering job and Alan Douches is a pretty cool guy to deal with, especially if you're not of the louder is better mindset. Rates are pretty reasonable as well.

i normally master several cd's per month, the latest few of note being the the new November's Doom "The Novella Reservoir" and 2 full length albums at the same time for the Japanese band Sigh, all for The End Records, and i always deliver a Red Book CD master, complete with ISRC codes and printed PQ sheet, ready to send to manufacturing. this is part of the ME's job. actually i send two identical copies so that the artist or label can hold on to a safety copy, which i burn usually on Apogee or Tayo Yuden media as well as a couple reference copies burnt to whatever cheap brand i have lying around for the artist and label to listen and make any quick copies they want to make for themselves.. rather than handling the master and safety, which should be kept safe and sent directly to the plant.. preferably never even taken out of the jewel case.

I am going to go ahead here and ask some things, since i am no mastering engineer...

A: what is a red book CD master?

B: ISRC codes and printed PQ sheet?

Anyone?

Colin Davis (the guy above) has made a great job mastering our cd, very professional guy, quick, and has very nices rates. as well other cd´s i´ve heard
Check his website