Metal Masters Tour - Anyone going?

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Sorry, I know this isn't ND related.
On the flipside, I know a lot of us are big Sabbath and Motorhead fans.

I will be there next Tuesday, at the First Midwest Bank Ampitheater.

Anyone else?

Priest, H&H, Motorhead, and Testament?

Possibly the best big concert lineup for metal ever!

I thought about trying to make one of these, but I have no interest in H&H or Motorhead, so I bagged it. Priest and Testament would be cool to see, but...meh, I'd rather save the $ for other bands that are more relevant to me these days.

I wish, but I hate that ampitheater, and don't want to drive to Tinley Park from the north burbs on a work-night. So it's a no-go for me, which sucks. I absolutely love the Dio-era Sabbath stuff, and would kill to see them, Priest, and Testament again.

Ah well.

I thought about trying to make one of these, but I have no interest in H&H or Motorhead, so I bagged it. Priest and Testament would be cool to see, but...meh, I'd rather save the $ for other bands that are more relevant to me these days.

Actually, the past few Motorhead albums have been quite stellar.
I heard the new one is right on par.

I think it's a nice package that has a little something for everyone.

I am just glad (unlike a lot of major package tours) that they didn't sink to metalcore in an effort to sell tickets.

The show was truly amazing last night.
Testament played great.
Only complaint was their setlist order.
They started with three classics (Over The Wall, The New Order, and Practice What You Preach), and then finished their set with 3 new songs. Kind of killed the momentum to end with 3 songs that maybe only a handful of people knew.

Motorhead were Motorhead. Either you like em or you don't. I am a big fan, but I have to admit, its getting a bit stale. All Lemmy has to do is say one or two words, and I know what tune they are going to play. Still, always a great set by them.

Heaven And Hell were truly amazing. Much better than when I saw them last year (which was still pretty good!). I think they put their set in a good order, where you didn't have 2 longer, slower songs back to back. The pace was solid, and Dio was spot on. They seem tighter over all as a live band. Can't wait to hear their new material. Would be nice to see them again with newer songs to play live.

The night ended with the might Priest! They focused primarily on their 80s output. I think only one tune from the 70s (Dissident Aggressor) was played. The band sounded great. Rob's vocals were pretty solid. He needs to better mask his use of the teleprompter though. Some songs were spend literally hunching over the teleprompter with his head down. By mid set though, he was loosened up more and working th stage well.

A very great night of metal indeed. So many legends on one stage in a short period of time!

I noticed Joe Nunez from a distance, as he was wearing his ND button down. I saw someone else wearing the same NOVELLA EUROPA shirt that I was. Pretty cool!!!