Metal MayDay in Atlanta - feat. CAGE and Destroy Destroy Destroy!

Rider of Theli

The Hellequin
Mar 1, 2004
Hiram, Ga
myspace.com
April Showers Bring...

0501-600x900.jpg

imagine this much metal for a ten-spot. That's right. $10 gets you this much
quality metal in one nice evening in Atlanta. Come on out and see some of
the best in local, regional, and national heavy metal.

Local stalwarts Eclipsed By Sanity and Brazen Angel support the show
featuring Nightmare Records artists' and Atlanta favorites Halcyon Way as
they debut two songs never performed on stage before.

Constructed from the fragments of metal bands from New York, New Jersey,
Chicago, and Florida, Veins Iced Over brings power and intensity to the
stage that make them a force to be reckoned with.

Destroy Destroy Destroy will make their Atlanta debut on May 1st; their
sound consisting of elements from the early thrash/hair/glam metal bands of
the 80's and 90's, to the current sounds of Scandinavian melodic Death
Metal and Viking Metal bands of today.

CAGE tells me that during their ProgPower performance they were just
getting warmed up
when they had to exit the stage. So for those who
want more, now is your chance. DO NOT MISS THIS SET! - no
less than two new songs will be presented to you. And there will be plenty
more that will surely bring the house down. :kickass:

and folks, I'm just getting started. :heh:

I can't make the trip for this unfortunately, but if I were anywhere nearby I'd be there for sure. Great lineup, man!

Just one week from tonight people! :heh:

and FYI: for those planning to attend, you need to get there early if you want to catch Veins Iced Over because they will kick off the show at 7PM.

Eclipsed By Sanity has agreed to do everyone a favor by playing as the 'tailgate' band. This will allow you to hang out with CAGE after their set before the Masquerade runs everyone out (like they tend to do as soon as the last band finishes). So you can thank E.B.S. for allowing you to party with the visiting bands later in the night.

We still have advanced tickets available for only ten bucks. Get 'em while they last! :kickass:

anyone needing advanced tickets for Metal MayDay who also plan to attend the Sonata Arctica show Friday night, I will be there with tickets in hand for $10 each. So look for me. I won't be hard to find - probably hanging near the bar to the left as you come through the doors.

and it's looking like KILT weather. :heh:

Hoyt, not sure if I'll be going to the S.A. show itself on Fri. night (I figure I wouldn't get to see their entire set due to WREKage), but I might drop by and see if I can find you to get a ticket. The only other option is to get one from either HW or EbS.....and either way, I'm gonna piss someone off. :lol:

Hoyt, not sure if I'll be going to the S.A. show itself on Fri. night (I figure I wouldn't get to see their entire set due to WREKage), but I might drop by and see if I can find you to get a ticket. The only other option is to get one from either HW or EbS.....and either way, I'm gonna piss someone off. :lol:

Yeah, like Brazen Angel! :mad:

Ha ha...I kid I keeed! :loco:

Seriously, though, anyone on the fence needs to get out and show some love! It's going to be a great night of comraderie and metal!

Hoyt,

Do you know what the camera policy at the Masquerade will be Fri and Sat nites? I'm bringing my 16 year old stepdaughter down and this will be her first metal shows (hopefully not the last!). I'm sure she will want some pictures with some of the bands and not sure if digital cameras are allowed or just film.

ka

Hoyt,

Do you know what the camera policy at the Masquerade will be Fri and Sat nites? -ka

I would think the ticket would claim 'no cameras' if they were not allowed. And I'm not certain about the Sonata show, but I'm pretty sure the CAGE show will allow cameras. But I'll double check tonight and let you know.

I've never seen a "No Camera" show at the Masq. Even if one was posted as such, and I don't recall any, it certainly wasn't enforced.

Hey hoyt, or anyone else that knows: Does anyone know exactly what Cage's set list is gonna be?
I LOVE Darker Than Black (Thanks again hoyt, for telling me how awesome that album was btw! ;) )
So does anyone know what older songs they'll do??
And what the setlist is exactly? I also wanted to make a Pre-concert Cage mix cd for before the show! :headbang:

I've never seen a "No Camera" show at the Masq. Even if one was posted as such, and I don't recall any, it certainly wasn't enforced.

I think most shows there have a "regular cameras are okay, camcorders are not okay, really nice-looking long-snouted SLRs will probably get ya noticed" policy. Every once in a while a band will get snikkity about it and they'll have "No cameras!" signs posted on the ticket shack.

I was sorely tempted to bring a camcorder in for Faith & the Muse this past Thursday night; I might even have been allowed to...and I'm kinda kicking myself for not trying. Some shows NEED to be documented, and that was one of 'em.