Metal MayDay in Atlanta - feat. CAGE and Destroy Destroy Destroy!

Those who've decided to come out tonight for the Metal MayDay event and you are taking I-75/85 north to the Masquerade (from south of Atlanta), please consider finding an alternate route. There is construction around 10thth Street - AGAIN! - and the downtown connector is a parking lot. :erk:

You may want to consider heading over to Moreland Ave North and take that through Little 5 Points to North Ave. Hook a left and the Masquerade will be just a mile or so over on the left.

Hope to see you there. :kickass: Gonna be an amazing show from top to bottom!

if you missed it, you missed yet another fantastic night of pure unadulterated traditional heavy metal. And shame on you if you did. Hopefully the few that made it out to the Masquerade last night can attest to my words: CAGE RULES!!! and there was not a weak band on the bill otherwise.

So you can keep reading about it the day after. Or next time you can witness it for yourself. Your choice. :Smug:

:p

pics and video to come soon, along with reviews from BW&BK and Silver Tongue Online.

I agree with every word you wrote, Hoyt! The whole show blew me away! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what you have in store for the next Pathfinder Metal Fest!

Hey Hoyt,

Me and my stepdaughter had an amazing time at the shows this weekend. There wasn't a single band that didn't impress us - hope to make it down to the next fest that you pull together!

Thanks to everyone who DID come out last night! We had a great time and thought all the bands did a great job and the Atlanta bands represented well as always! Cage is as professional as they come and super fucking cool! See everyone next time!

would love to hear more feedback from others who made it out Saturday night for what was sure to be the 'first annual' Metal MayDay. :D

mark your calendars now for the first Saturday in May 2011. I'm already looking into ideas. :heh:

also stay tuned for an announcement before the end of this month detailing this year's Pathfinder Metalfest scheduled for Oct 30th - one night only - and it will be bigger, meaner, and more metal than you can shake your head to. LOL

Had a great time and all the bands I saw were really good to great -- I did, however, miss Veins Iced Over due to scheduling. Brazen Angel were good and well-polished (they knew exactly what they were doing on stage, didn't waste a moment, very professional), Destroy Destroy Destroy's set was a bit too short, would have loved to see more (and I understand why it was short, so no problem there)....
EbS did quite well in Purgatory -- seemed to me like some of the Masq staff outside were impressed at either the band or the turnout, or both. I missed the beginning of HW's set since EbS overlapped by about two songs, but they showed why they can take it to Europe in style -- and Kris' growly vox were a cool addition to these ears. :)
Cage were great, too...plus we got to see Conan in real life! :lol:

Great to see so many friends and familiar faces, too! :kickass: