Metal Mondays In Kansas City

Dolamite S. Biffle

Biffliest Person Ever
May 2, 2005
Atlantis
I started doing Metal Mondays at Revolver Rock Bar off 80th and Metcalf in Overland Park, Kansas at the beginning of April. Attendance has been good only about 1/4 of the time, so I am trying to improve that.

Revolver has a music video system so I play 90 minutes,which starts at 930, of music videos featuring Glam, Hard Rock, Metal that you can find on the radio. Then at about 11 I play a mix cd of the stuff that I have been listening to. Of course I do take requests for the following week in person at the club or advance requests via email or pm.

I have been sending out Myspace bulletins giving a little insight to what I will be playing so each week in this thread I will make a post to give people an idea of what I will be playing.

Monday July 9 2007

In honor of me attending TEXAS MADFEST. this coming weekend I will be playing select songs from the bands that I have a recording of as well as some other stuff. As of right now I only have recordings from DARK EMPIRE, MEYVN, and OUTWORLD. If the other bands would like their music played shoot me an email with a MP3 attached.

DARK EMPIRE - features Matt Moliti (Yngvai X) on guitar and Jens Carlsson (SAVAGE CIRCUS, PERSUADER) on vocals. A great mix of Power, Thrash, and Prog.

MEVYN - a fairly new band that will be a force to be reckoned with for sure. They are playing PROGPOWER EUROPE this year and have just released a great album "Splintered Skies"

OUTWORLD
- features Rusty Cooley on guitar and new vocalist Carlos Zema (VOUGAN). Played the PROGPOWER PRE-PARTY 2005 and totally blew me away.

Some other bands that I playing are:

NUCLEAR BLAST ALL STARS - an album like the ROADRUNNER UNITED, but with Peavy Wagner (RAGE) doing the music. The question is which vocalist have I chosen?

TURISAS - they define themselves as Battle Metal, which basically is comprised of a little bit of Folk with Death Metal vocals. I think they sound quite similar to any of the Viking Metal acts such as AMON AMARTH or THYRFING.

VAINGLORY - a female fronted Heavy Metal/Power Metal band with an unbelievably strong voice. They just played Swordlord's FLIGHT OF THE VALKYRIES FESTIVAL in Minneapolis.

So let me know what you guys think about what I have selected and if u happen to live in the area please let me if you need directions to the club.