Metal Pickups for an RG1570L (basswood)

Which Pups Do You Think Would Be Best In Basswood For Metal, E-standard and drop D-C?

• Duncan Distortion

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Dimarzio D-Sonic (Blade towards bridge)

• Dimarzio D Activator

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dimarzio Super 3

• Dimarzio Super Distortion

• Duncan Invader

• Dimarzio Evo 2

• Total voters

NYCbRyder

New Metal Member
Sep 18, 2012
NY
Hey guys, I'm having trouble deciding which pickups I want to go with. I've been looking everywhere for reviews and shootouts for the last 6 months, I have an Ibanez RG1570L with a tremol-no, a Mesa Rectoverb 1x12 series 1, and a blackstar HT1r.

I originally wanted a Duncan Distortion, then I found out It's kind of thin in Basswood. So I'm trying to decide between the Dimarzio Super Distortion, the Super 3, and theres a vague thought of an Invader in there but I keep hearing mixed reviews on that one. Can't afford BKP either and I don't want to go active.

Tone-wise I'm looking to go for something that can go from Metallica (enter sandman, turn the page, master of puppets) to Disturbed (10,000 fists), to Sevendust (Story of your life), to Slipknot (Duality), to All That Remains and As I Lay Dying.

So I guess somewhere between Old-School Metal and Nu-Metal. tight, Good low-end, articulate, and aggressive. I like the tone of the super distortion, kinda wish it was a little more aggressive though... just a little. I also heard the Super 3 might be too dark for playing through a mesa... dont know if that's true or not. also I'm not really a fan of those HUGE pole pieces on the Invaders, and I heard they rust. Opinions?