Metal ringtones

Yippee38

Living the dream!
Oct 8, 2002
Somewhere at 33,000'
Visit site
I need ideas for rock or metal ringtones. I'm making a couple for Yardley right now, and I want to make some more for me. What I've got so far are:
  • the intro to Annubis-Tad Morose (Actually, I've got two of these. One is the very beginning, and the other is the beginning where the guitar and drums come in.)
  • the intro to Through the Eyes of the King-JOP
  • the intro to Veteran of the Psychic Wars-BÖC
  • the intro to Wicked-Symphony X
Give me some more ideas.

For calls, mine is the chorus to the Trooper. For text messages it's the chorus Two Minutes To Midnight.

Sometimes get mixed up from having the same artist for both rings.

I am using the chours from Nightwish "Bye Bye Beautiful" My daughter uses the chours from Amaranth, Plus we also have "11 Dreams" by Mercenary on file in our phones.

I am using the chours from Nightwish "Bye Bye Beautiful" My daughter uses the chours from Amaranth, Plus we also have "11 Dreams" by Mercenary on file in our phones.

Cool choices.

Figured you'd like some of these: I got the heavy intro to Destructive Device and the one for Under an Alias as well. And the chorus for Breakthrough. =P
:headbang:

I currently have Opeth: The Lotus Eater (boy does that one stir a room).
My alternative tones right now are:
After Forever: Energize Me
Avantasia: Lost in Space

Avantasia - The Tower. The intro part with "Where do I go?" and then then include some of the chorus.

Ayreon - Ride The Comet. Chorus part

Therion - The blood of Kingu. "Kingu is the blood of man drawn off from this early war / In your veins you find the strength from the demon's heritage"

Turisas - Five Hundred And One. "Joy and sorrow we have encountered / Always stood as one / Your heart will follow, and maybe tomorrow / You will find what you seek"

I should have all of these on my PC somewhere if you want them w/o the work.

I just finished my work for Yardley, so now I've added:
  • Take Hold of the Flame (chorus) - Queensrÿche
  • Burning for You (chorus) - BÖC
  • Maniacal Renderings (chorus) - JOP
Some good ideas so far. I think I'm definitely going to make an Opeth ringtone; most likely the intro to Blackwater Park. I love House of Sleep, but none of it jumps out at me as a ringtone. I guess the chorus would work. I may have to do something else from them though. I also already considered some Therion. Gotta listen to the other suggestions again.

I need to come up with something for when work calls me (important since I'm on call). So far, Working Man is all I can think of. There has to be something else I can use though that doesn't have such a negative connotation.

Those are cool Yippee...

I could think of several that I'd like...

The Chorus to Edguy's King Of Fools
The Chorus to Refill My Soul by Entwine
Killed By Death by Motorhead
The Chorus to Excuse Me While I Kill Myself by Sentenced would rock!
The opening Lick or opening Lyrics of Rock Bottom by UFO
Easy Livin By Uriah Heep
The Opening Licks of Heart Of The Sunrise by Yes or maybe just the bass groove after that would be cool...

I just changed mine to Taake - first song on new album (the beginning epic riff)

And my text tone is Amesoeurs - one of the songs....too lazy to look haha

I used to have part of the chorus for Tarot's Ashes To The Stars on one of my cell phones a while ago. It was a homemade ring tone that I uploaded to my cell phone (at the time) via USB cable.

Of course Verizon frowns upon such things.... Let's just say that the Internet is your friend :lol:

Hmm. I have the opening to Kamelot's Ghost Opera and the opening to March of Mephisto, an instramental part of Evergrey's Great Deciever, I'm Gonna Win by Masterplan (cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeze), Tarot's Howl (my default), a few PoS tunes, Devin Townsend's Life (the intro) and Storm, Primal Fear's Seven Seals opening, and the begining of "Trauma" from Ayreon's THE.

Of course Verizon frowns upon such things.... Let's just say that the Internet is your friend :lol:
Yeah, I was curious what software or online site Yippee was using and how easy it was.

Currently I have (downloaded from Verizon):
General Ringtone: HardRock Halleluia chorus - Lordi
Nick Calling Me: Crazy On You chorus - Heart
Text Message: Tom Sawyer Syth/Keys Riff - Rush
Family Calling Me: My Life chorus - Billy Joel

I also have Mad Russian's Christmas by TSO stored for when I'm in a holiday mood. :lol:

I just finished my work for Yardley, so now I've added:
  • Take Hold of the Flame (chorus) - Queensrÿche
  • Burning for You (chorus) - BÖC
  • Maniacal Renderings (chorus) - JOP
Some good ideas so far. I think I'm definitely going to make an Opeth ringtone; most likely the intro to Blackwater Park. I love House of Sleep, but none of it jumps out at me as a ringtone. I guess the chorus would work. I may have to do something else from them though. I also already considered some Therion. Gotta listen to the other suggestions again.

I need to come up with something for when work calls me (important since I'm on call). So far, Working Man is all I can think of. There has to be something else I can use though that doesn't have such a negative connotation.

The coolest one you could use for work is "Save Us Now(Alien Drum Bunny's Revenge)" By Edguy from The Mandrake Cd.

That's funny. I had "Balls To The Wall" for a while too. I had had a few from Operation Mindcrime, chorus from "Stars", in the past, and of course some good ones from Dethklok. My ultimate annoying ringtone was "Mermaider". Last one I think I did was from the opening to Iced Earth's High Water Mark. The iPhone is the first phone I've had where any of them actually sound good though.

Yeah, I was curious what software or online site Yippee was using and how easy it was.

As long as you have a phone that you can connect to the PC and/or surf online with, it's pretty easy. I make all of mine with the included software from my Sony Ericsson phone, plug it in with a special usb cable that also came with it, and drop anything I want onto the phone. It's one of the Walkman ones too so I have 2gb memory sticks to drop songs on and a pair of headphones that allow me to use it like an mp3 player at the gym and what not.