Metal Track.

ItsAFugazzi

boat is boat.
Jun 4, 2008
North East, UK.
www.myspace.com
Just wrote this the other day for something to do, out of boredom really. Turned out to be pretty productive. The best mix my brother has done so far I think.

I would do the vocals myself but this isn't really my style. So, if anyone thinks they could do a good job on this track then give it your best shot. Beats it lying around doing nothing.

Anyway, feedback on the mix, tone etc... Is always appreciated.

Metal Track

Cheers guys.

- Rick.

Very nice song and sound! It's rather obvious that it can be in the next L.O.G. album!!
As for the mix... I would raise the guitars a few DBs an might change the snare, I think it doesn't fit the song.
So now, go get Randy to nail the vocals!!!!!

What did you use for guitars,bass and drums? I would appreciate any info...

haha, i'm not really a metal guy so this song was more just experimenting really... i deliberately set out to write something like Lamb of God. In fact, i've only heard a couple of their songs lol. Some of the other influences on this track are Killswitch Engage, Mudvayne and Metallica also.

The guitars are two tones mixed together using the Podxt. The bass is also the pod and the drums are Joe Barresi's drums mixed with cymbals from DFHS.

As for the snare not fitting the song... I would agree in part, i think it suits the slower more powerful parts but the intro for example it doesn't go that well. It's not something i'm bothered about really... As I say the track was just for fun and experimenting.