Metal Vacations

realshows

old fart
Apr 24, 2013
ka na ta
Anyone ever taken one? I have always kind of wanted to do wacken but the actual thought of camping in a sand pit for a week loses it's appeal... especially when I need a break from the metal (translation: no bands I like performing) and there's nothing else to do. I'm thinking the cruises are more of the way to go... been looking into them and 70000tons of metal is the one that seems like the real deal - especially since carcass are playing. Any thoughts? It's a lot of money to spend and I don't wanna jump into it till i hear the pros and cons

Depending on the price, I'd be down to go to/on 70000 tons of Metal. I think the cruise/Metal Festival dynamic is pretty cool, and the lineup isn't bad at all. This year's lineup included Cryptopsy, Nile, Immolation, and Kreator.

I'd love to go to Wacken, but I don't know anyone that likes metal that would go with me. None of my mates listen to metal. That's why i visit Imaginary Wacken, a place in my mind.

Go on a real vacation. Travel, visit historical sites and see different cultures. Maybe go to a foreign show if you have time. I recommend Hammer of Doom, Keep it True, and Hell's Pleasure fest in Europe for good metal, smaller-ish fests.

I do lots of traveling, but would like the fun of a metal vacation... I've been looking at the lineup for 70thousand and it's pretty decent so far... dri, carcass, overkill, death angel... and the lady could just hang in the spa when we aren't doing things together... not sure yet though... would really like to speak with someone who has done it before. Looked at the other cruises and they are kind of lame in comparison

I have a friend who went on 70K last year. He said it was a great time. I'm sure it's fun as fuck, I mean, just look at those hilarious metal karaoke videos!