MetalCore. Mix-DI's included.

Hey KyrtVampir,

I was wondering what AMP+Cab, or AmpSim+IR you used. I am really digging the guitar tone for this mix.
Cheers mate.

The song reminded me of Miss May I so I attempted a Monument style mix. Probably not the best vocal mixing but at least I tried lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to spend a little time on this. Guitar DI's do seem a bit sloppy and the lead parts (so far in the beginning) should probably have been done better.

Just trying to sort out and organize these tracks since they aren't labelled.

Something odd happens at I think about 1:05 in the guitars. Reaper automatically imports the files as stereo, but I can see where something went wrong (during rendering?) and there's a "cut" sound and the one side of the stereo track vanishes.

My SSD sampler always has mapping problems and I'm not exactly sure what some of these drum hits are even supposed to be.

Going to spend a little time on this. Guitar DI's do seem a bit sloppy and the lead parts (so far in the beginning) should probably have been done better.

Just trying to sort out and organize these tracks since they aren't labelled.

Something odd happens at I think about 1:05 in the guitars. Reaper automatically imports the files as stereo, but I can see where something went wrong (during rendering?) and there's a "cut" sound and the one side of the stereo track vanishes.

My SSD sampler always has mapping problems and I'm not exactly sure what some of these drum hits are even supposed to be.

I'm sorry that it unorganized, for the overheads I used metal machine, and sory for my eng:)

http://snd.sc/124BwU5

I as well aimed for a miss may type guitar tone and drum sound..think its pretty awesome.Guitars are poulin lextac with the asem impulse
hey kryt vampir do u know what u usedon your bass guitar, i love the way it sounds, I was aiming for something like your bass but couldnt nail it.anyways lemme know what u think of this mix.also are u other songs availble to mix id love to mix em

Long time Logic user.. this is my first Pro Tools mix on a brand new Hackintosh. Still getting used to the different workflow, but I'm liking it more and more everyday

Picked up a 6505+ yesterday and did my first reamp on this track. Just 2 rhythm tracks, didn't reamp all 4. So much easier to dial in a tone than simulators. I hated sifting through tons of parameters and impulses just to find something that works. Never again!

yeah man just using the 4 di's and running them through amplitude.

on the master its just an eq, tape saturation, izotope for exciter and compressor and then an l1 for the limiter :D