Metallica 2009 Rock Hall ballot

bt9x

Feb 28, 2003
northeast
Visit site
heard on a radio station here in Northeast,U.S.A. that Metallica is one of nine acts mentioned for the possible final 5 acts to be inducted in R N' R Hall of Fame Class of 2009

i will not take away the obvious credentials of this band for induction but,

i believe Judas Priest is more deserving at this time for induction

then again..

the R N' R hall in Cleveland,OH U.S.A. has become a joke

you metal brothers and sisters in the other locales of the world can let out a laugh :loco:

RUN DMC is considered as well WAFJ LOL:puke:

The Hall is all about chart album sales, and popularity. For proof, look no further than Black Sabbath. It was all about Ozzy.

I'm begin to have my balls busted with Metallica threads :lol:

And yes fuck the hall of fame, lots of true artist never been induced while crap is elevated to godlike status every year.

I think the R&R HOF is a gimmick & personally have no desire to visit it. Anyway, if we must have a R&R HOF, then Metallica certainly should be deserving, considering the influence that they had on metal in the 80's and the success that they've had with record sales & touring over their entire career.

On the other hand, "Chic" is on the ballot for the HOF this year, so maybe I don't want Metallica to have any association with the place whatsoever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Rock_and_Roll_Hall_of_Fame_inductees

i don't want to get into this. i've spent half a day trying to argue with 2 people on the megadeth forum that judas priest should be nominated not metallica and they want to tell me that metallica is way more influential in metal

I've heard about this, and I hope that they will be put in there.

Run DMC shouldn't be in there, despite the fact they did a song with with Aerosmith, use guitars in the songs, and have rock and roll themed lyrics.

i don't want to get into this. i've spent half a day trying to argue with 2 people on the megadeth forum that judas priest should be nominated not metallica and they want to tell me that metallica is way more influential in metal

In many ways, Metallica was. Most young metal heads don't have a clue who Judas Priest are, but know every metallica song - plus Metallica is on the radio constantly. Priest was very influential to everyone for the past 30 years.

(Before I get lambasted, of course priest were incredibly influential, but to a young generation, one could argue metallica is more influential.)

Well you know square people are all around :rolleyes:

RNR Hall is one of the biggest jokes around. I refuse to acknowledge that it exists and could care less who they do or don't put in. It's meaningless.

The ROCK N ROLL HOFpossibly inducting Run DMC and NOT Judas Priest, Metallica, Rush, Alice Cooper and the list goes on and on and on.

FUCK them. We as true rock and roll fans know who the HOFers are.....

FUCK THE HALL OF SHAME:mad:...I will never have anything good to say about the hall of shame ,until RUSH is inducted...I think Madonna:yuk: is in the hall..Madonna:yuk: and no Rush....Cmon:OMG:....What a JOKE... BAY AREA METAL RULZZZ..

Well anyone on the Megadeth:headbang: forums that is supporting Metallicrap:yuk:,is an idiot anyway...Any band that says we could put out any crap and the people will buy it,does not deserve to be in the hall..EVER.. BAY AREA MUSIC RULZZZ..

It wouldn't matter to me, if the likes of Rush, Yes, and other great bands got in, anyway. Cause in the end, the bands we love are going to be at the top of OUR lists, and that's all that matters. Great achievements, and great people will always be overlooked by these ( including all "honor"/hall of fame type stuff) people that have no fucking clue, for most of them aren't really into music in the first place.....just fucking leeches, and ass kissers with money.