Metallica Back To Being Heavy, Rumors Or Lies?

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
According to Lars, the emerging music is: "Unadulterated" &"more Aggro"

Now I've heard some Rumors lately, that Metallica is returning to a heavier style(older Metallica). How much heavier is unknown, & what does Lars think the definition of unadulterated is to himself?
Along with the question of how much more Aggro? And whats his definition of Aggro is? What's your take on these rumors & his quotes?

I highly doubt Metallica will go back to heavy metal (99.9% sure)I heard a short clip of Dead Kennedy Rolls (or whatever) and it wasn't a metal track, Lars and Kirk made fun of some extreme metal bands (of today)I think that they are going into a heavier direction, but certainly not in a metal direction.

(btw Liz, yes aggro is aggresive)

I agree. Everyone's definition of "metal" is different, but I have an itching feeling that Metallica's definition won't be like a majority of listeners definition.

I thought the Battery clip sounded ok, at least musically. Not James' best vocal performance obviously...

I think Lars' idea of "aggro" is probably Godsmack or Linoln Park. I will fear the worst until otherwise disproven...

Believe it or not, Metallica actually has played real metal music before. It's been a hell of a long time since then though. I think it's possible because anything is. Look at Iron Maiden, all their albums in the 90's sucked, then "Brave New World" was released. I wonder if James can still sing higher pitched, like he used to.....

Originally posted by Deadly Embrace
Aggro? And whats his definition of Aggro is? What's your take on these rumors & his quotes?

Personally, I don't care for Lars' attitude. I've always been one to lean more toward James' view on the band where they are headed. Lars is a pop star and uses words like Aggro to make himself seem charming. YUK!

Bring on the old Thrash! We will all know sooner or later. I guess Germany will be the first to tell us everything since Metallica plays there June 6th.

photorazzi-cliff.jpg

i heard the new album will sound like ...ajfa. i have no idea if that's true or not, but i really hope so cuz then they will play metal again :headbang:

but with this 'we did it again' crap and touring with LB and LP, im not getting my hopes up :(

Well, I saw that superbowl show too, and though the setlist was quite heavy, James' voice was just terrible. He actually 'sung' Battery rather than yelling it... That's a bad sign... Of course I hope they go heavy again, but with Bob -Bon Jovi- Rock on bass and probably producing it I don't think it'll happen.
Then again, just hoping they'll 'bang that head that doesn't bang' again won't hurt, will it?

The new CD comes out June 10th and I heard the name of it. Its like Extreme Agression or Extreme Anger or something like that.

For those of you who are big fans of the old Metallica, I strongly suggest checking out a band called Am I Blood. Look for the song Gone With You. Someone suggested it to me and I couldn't believe it. You'd swear you were listening to some lost Metallica tape. :eek: Or if you PM me, I can email it to you if you want.

Originally posted by tattooedsean666
their touring with limp biskit and linkin park, that is a good start!! :( who cares about metallica when there are many more metal acts that deserve our attention.

Words of wisdom there :headbang: Just look at the tour lineup :puke: