Metallica comin'

seen this posted about and still feel that it's not 100% true or confirmed

if a band member says they will tour, it's not gospel unless they have a press statement backing it up

would like them to tour but would like confirmation from many sources first before I get excited

I'll have to finally go see them if they come down. I've seen Slayer twice, Megadeth a few times and part of an Anthrax set, but never Metallica. Should have gone in 1993, but oh well.

"We know, we know . . . it has been WAY too long since we visited this part of the world, but we're here to tell you that it is game on!!!! We can't wait to head over to New Zealand and many parts of Australia bringing the World Magnetic Tour to places it has not rocked yet. Starting October 13, 2010 in Auckland, NZ, we'll also be in Brisbane, Perth, Sydney, Adelaide, and Melbourne . . . dates and venues are below.

Tickets go on sale Thursday, May 13 at 9:00 AM in the local time zone. As usual, Met Club members should check www.metclub.com for all the pre-sale details.

We look forward to seeing all our friends there who have patiently (or maybe not so patiently!) waited over six years!!!"

October 13 Auckland, New Zealand Vector Arena
October 18 Brisbane, Entertainment Centre
October 22 Perth, Burswood Dome
November 10 Sydney, Acer Arena
November 15 Adelaide, Entertainment Centre
November 18 Melbourne, Rod Laver Arena

Tickets are through Ticketek.

If they add any more Melb shows (pretty sure they will do at least 2), then I will be getting tickets, as it's possible that the last show on the tour will be the last for the whole 2 year world tour, so would be cool to be there.

It seems they're going to be having a bit of a holiday here as well with all that free time. I will be interested to check out any tour blogs that come about.

photosubtitle24.jpg

Didn't they tour here for the last album? Weird as they usually only come here when they have something to promote.

They were last here in '04 I think it was mate. They are coming for the current tour cycle on the Death Magnetic album, hopefully this will the end of the tour and they can go back and record an even better album again and build on it

And it's in the round. I have mixed feelings about that. Never been a big fan of the concept, and have been to two concerts where it has happened. Meh.