Metallica Concert icl full RDL album YT

Big deal. It's a stupid song. They should play more material from Justice, after they hire Dirk Verbeuren.

checked some songs out, unfortunately it was pretty terrible. sounds like kirk can't even play the riffs in tune anymore. by letting their skill go, lars and kirk, at least, are just there to beat a dead horse.

I've started listening to metal with This record BUT,It is impossible for me to enjoy this with lars on the drums.This is a joke..
SLAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

Its hard to not turn every Metallica thread into a Lars and Kirk shitfiest but... Damn they play soooo bad. James rythm is always stable as fuck where the others are always fiddling around haha

Btw.. is that a new song around 30min?

EEEEWWWWWWW yuck
Kirks vibrato is sooooooooo bad, makes me screw my face up
Lars and kirk are struggling to keep up, it's not a good sound combined lolz

Btw.. is that a new song around 30min?

That was Hell And Back off the Beyond Magnetic EP. One of the songs that didn't make the cut on DM. As a lifer and long time blind Metallica fan I must say I was saddened by both days of the festival. Was cool to see them play Escape and Struggle but other than that it seemed like they were just going through the motions. Thank god for the ability to listen to their albums.

Yeah, saw them doing the Black Album at Sonisphere last month, walked out in the middle of it to get a good place on the second stage to see Gojira. As much of a fanboy I was when I was younger, I just didn't feel it at all, and I was really looking forward to seeing Metallica live for the first time

Yeah, saw them doing the Black Album at Sonisphere last month, walked out in the middle of it to get a good place on the second stage to see Gojira. As much of a fanboy I was when I was younger, I just didn't feel it at all, and I was really looking forward to seeing Metallica live for the first time

Unfortunately I've never seen them live and I am hoping when they do come to my neck of the woods again they'll be pumped to play live.

Wow listened to 30 seconds of MOP and it's all over the place.

no shit

i couldn't get past the first verse...and how has no one else mentioned how shitty james sounds nowadays? he was never the greatest live singer, but daaaaaamn...

I'm not a Metallica fanboy, so I only listened until the end of Master Of Puppets, but guys, seriously. Are you all high? I really wonder how many of you have ever even played a live show (and recorded/videotaped it to see how shit you really sound) when I read all these comments?

This is a decent live performance by anyone's standards. You'll find 5-10% bands in the world that can play tighter than this. About the criticism:

a) the "riffs out of tune" by Kirk are a chord here and there going wrong which happens to everyone (and is actually something I've liked even on edited Metallica videos like Live Shit Binge & Purge).

b) the "all over the place"-drumming is just not sample replaced and grid corrected (and yes, there are many drummers who can play tighter than Lars) - it's still totally okay for a live performance in my book. Especially cause nobody is coming to hear Lars drum, they come to see a show (and I'd personally rather have a guy who has stage presence like Lars, than a guy like Shawn Drover in Megadeth who plays well but sits there like he's at an office job - I'm a Megadeth fan btw!).

c) James' vocals are absolutely fine like they are now. Especially when you consider that these are live videos. Check out most bands in a bootleg or tv live video and their vocalists usually don't sound much like the record - while they sound completely fine at the show itself (when you are in attendance at the venue). I've encountered this phenomenon many times and I still don't know why that is.

I don't know how many of you saw Metallica back in 1993 or earlier, but they've never played any better than this (even if some of you may nostalgically think they did) - the difference is that the rest of the world has caught up and surpassed them playing wise, while back then they were on top of the pile. Also the prevalence of grid edited music makes them sound "sloppy". I remember when everyone was thinking that Ray Herrera didn't play the "inhumanly machine-like" drums on "Demanufacture" when it came out, while today the drums on that record sound like they are "in need of editing".

DanLights/Cline: it's always a disappointment when seeing a band you've had high hopes for and they don't blow you away, but you simply can't expect a band that's been at it for 30 years to do more than go through the motions. Expecting actual fire from guys who make 100k/gig and who have played 2000+ shows is just not realistic. It's another day at the job for them, as sad as it might be for someone who expects differently. Then again: if you look at the audience in that video, it's mostly 30+ wanna-be-fratboys-again types. They don't even know what an out of tune chord is, so all is fine.

P.S.: The LED videostage looks killer.

I'm not a Metallica fanboy, so I only listened until the end of Master Of Puppets, but guys, seriously. Are you all high? I really wonder how many of you have ever even played a live show (and recorded/videotaped it to see how shit you really sound) when I read all these comments?

This is a decent live performance by anyone's standards. You'll find 5-10% bands in the world that can play tighter than this. About the criticism:

a) the "riffs out of tune" by Kirk are a chord here and there going wrong which happens to everyone (and is actually something I've liked even on edited Metallica videos like Live Shit Binge & Purge).

b) the "all over the place"-drumming is just not sample replaced and grid corrected (and yes, there are a many drummers who can play tighter than Lars) - it's still totally okay for a live performance in my book. Especially cause nobody is coming to hear Lars drum, they come to see a show (and I'd personally rather have a guy who has stage presence like Lars, than a guy like Shawn Drover in Megadeth who plays well but bores the shit out of me - I'm a Megadeth fan btw!).

c) James' vocals are absolutely fine like they are now. Especially when you consider that these are live videos. Check out most bands in a bootleg or tv live video and their vocalists usually don't sound much like the record - while they sound completely fine at the show itself. I've encountered this phenomenon many times and I still don't know why that is.

I don't know how many of you saw Metallica back in 1993 or earlier, but they've never played any better than this (even if some of you may nostalgically think they did) - the difference is that the rest of the world has caught up and surpassed them playing wise, while back then they were on top of the pile. Also the prevalence of grid edited music makes them sound "sloppy". I remember when everyone was thinking that Ray Herrera didn't play the "inhumanly machine-like" drums on "Demanufacture" when it came out, while today the drums on that record sound like they are "in need of editing".

DanLights/Cline: it's always a disappointment when seeing a band you've had high hopes for and they don't blow you away, but you simply can't expect a band that's been at it for 30 years to do more than go through the motions. Expecting actual fire from guys who make 100k/gig and who have played 2000+ shows is just not realistic. It's another day at the job for them, as sad as it might be for someone who expects differently. Then again: if you look at the audience in that video, it's mostly 30+ wanna-be-fratboys-again types. They don't even know what an out of tune chord is, so all is fine.

P.S.: The LED videostage looks killer.

The reason Ray Herrera didn't play those drums well enough live was because he wasn't good enough to play his own material. Gene Hoglan nailed all those parts perfectly last time i saw FF.

If you can't play it to classical concert standard (and you're not playing music that's ok being a bit sloppy i.e. some punk) then you're not playing it well enough.

We put up with so many shit performances in metal and go "oh but it's really technical, you can't expect them to be album standard blah blah blah" and it's fucking bullshit. You don't see top jazz/world music guys playing like shit and then getting away with it because "it's tricky".

I agree on almost all points mentioned sym1, but Lars' feet are just beyond terrible, even with a good amount of live-generosity factored in. This is coming from someone who is absolutely not a 'tallica fan.

We put up with such shit performances in metal and go "oh but it's really technical, you can't expect them to be album standard blah blah blah" and it's fucking bullshit. You don't see top jazz/world music guys playing like shit and then getting away with it because "it's tricky".
The classical-concert standard only upholds if you set the same ramifications, iE: everyone sitting on a chair being instructed by a conductor. I feel movement is the biggest tightness killer at a Liveshow, and putting on a show is more important than putting on classical standard musicianship in a metalshow. Altho i do not feel metallica has brought a good show here, i saw them at Novarock (same setlist and stagelighting) and was quite bored to be frank.

The classical-concert standard only upholds if you set the same ramifications, iE: everyone sitting on a chair being instructed by a conductor. I feel movement is the biggest tightness killer at a Liveshow, and putting on a show is more important than putting on classical standard musicianship in a metalshow. Altho i do not feel metallica has brought a good show here, i saw them at Novarock (same setlist and stagelighting) and was quite bored to be frank.

Personally I'm not gonna think much of a band if I go to see them and they spend all their time sprinting around the stage and jumping off shit and fuck up all their songs. The best live shows I've seen have had great playing AND a great "show" as well, but given the choice I'd go for playing the songs properly over jumping around like a twat.