Metallica in 2007

flying_whale

Rome 64 C.E.
May 17, 2006
Seattle,Wa
www.myspace.com
welcome to 1989 with a few black album and reload songs, and no faggot newsted (he was cool, but rock star supernova, bitch please)
maybe lars is still half shitty (not that obvious though, but hetfield and hammett are back big time
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4JOSZ7PFmZo battery in 20007

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4JOSZ7PFmZo and justice for all live in 2007

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gUnmm0v7iio fade to black live in 2007

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eJPvBypBo0M&mode=related&search= ride the lightning no video 2007
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LInZOBK42rk&mode=related&search= 4horsemen no video

the ammount of pwning is incredible given how shitty they were since 99 up to 2006 when they were decent (in 2006)

their setlists kinda look like this nowadays:
Creeping Death
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Sad But True
Disposable Heroes
The Unforgiven
...And Justice For All
The Memory Remains
The Four Horsemen
Orion
Fade To Black
Master of Puppets
Battery
- - - -
No Leaf Clover
Nothing Else Matters
One
Enter Sandman
- - - -
Whiplash
Seek and Destroy

taken from metontour, also with ride the lightning here and there and stone cold crazy and with master of puppets in its entirety at some shows

Well, to be brutally honest they were "alright" Sunday past, but not that special. The set was powered by the classics, and although everything sounded pretty tight it just lacks energy.

But y'know, Ride changed my life, and I like most of the other stuff. Regardless of what people claim has happened to them since the 80s, it's Metallica, fucking Metallica. Easily the most revered Metal band, during their peak, ever.

I would only pay the insane ammount of money to see metallica if they only played songs from before the black album and it was played tight as fuck and perfectly well, especially since after the new album comes out thier set will be filled with shit songs from the new album and a lot of these cool songs will be pushed out again.

Paul, you can only cling onto hope for so long.

Go watch the Live Shit: Binge and Purge videos and then tell me these ones from 2007 are equally impressive. It won't happen, because like Derek said... there's no more energy.

They're still fun to see live just for the nostalgia factor (damn that makes me feel old) but you'll never ever convince me that they are as good as they were in the late 80's.

i guess I am exaggerating a little, but they are now better than they have been in a long ass time. And i agree with you Kevin, live shit is much better, but anyway. It feels good to see them back in good shape. I guess I'm excited since I've never seen them live and i was born after Live Shit took place. At least they have made some serious progress

i love how people say "oh band X is back!!!!" like metallica or in flames just because they played old songs. if you havent noticed, metallica has been playing old songs for the past like 3 years on tour. i saw them in boston back like 2 years ago and they played only one song from post-black album.

the band has always been good live by not ignoring their classic songs. they have too many to choose from anyways.

but, no, they arent "back" theyre old men for fucks sake, their next album might have some speed but mark my words it wont have anything on the old shit. same with in flames. these bands just dont write songs like they used to. its a fact. new direction.

i love how people say "oh band X is back!!!!" like metallica or in flames just because they played old songs. if you havent noticed, metallica has been playing old songs for the past like 3 years on tour. i saw them in boston back like 2 years ago and they played only one song from post-black album.

the band has always been good live by not ignoring their classic songs. they have too many to choose from anyways.

but, no, they arent "back" theyre old men for fucks sake, their next album might have some speed but mark my words it wont have anything on the old shit. same with in flames. these bands just dont write songs like they used to. its a fact. new direction.

you totally missed what i was saying. I didn't not imply that the new album is gonna be as good as puppets or justice, but that their live shows are tight again, not like they were for most of the madly in anger with the world tour

I can see the way you look at me, and even when you look away I know you think of me.
I know you talk about me all the time again and again.

Well, to be brutally honest they were "alright" Sunday past, but not that special. The set was powered by the classics, and although everything sounded pretty tight it just lacks energy.

Were you at Wembley, aye?

Much "new", then? Been reading rumours an' hearing through the grapevine that Led Zep are to play a one-off memorial show there. Seriously, I'd rob both my grannies to see that.

EDIT: Jist so ye know, I was being ironic when referring to the "new", and am aware of how unfunny the attempt was. *ahem*

I saw 'em in a 04, and that was the worst show I've ever seen them play.

This is definitely a turning point, but they'll never get it back.

Eric has mentioned the quality of Flotsam and Jetsam, so bashing Newsted at this point is questionable to me.

Metallica was a good studio band until Garage Inc. They were a good live band until the Black Album. Hetfield's altered the vocal melodies on the classic songs so that they come across as a poor power metal band live. Judging by St Anger though, he may have lost his studio voice, too.

That is all.

Whenever one of these threads pop up, I must say one thing and I won't stop now.

...And Justice For All > .

Eric has mentioned the quality of Flotsam and Jetsam, so bashing Newsted at this point is questionable to me.

Metallica was a good studio band until Garage Inc. They were a good live band until the Black Album. Hetfield's altered the vocal melodies on the classic songs so that they come across as a poor power metal band live. Judging by St Anger though, he may have lost his studio voice, too.

That is all.

The reason why he changed his vocal style is because he blew his voice out on the Black album tour. He didn't do it because he wanted to change...

The reason why he changed his vocal style is because he blew his voice out on the Black album tour. He didn't do it because he wanted to change...

Actually be blew his voice out while recording, "So What."