Metallica reissues KEA and RTL

Any way we can get Mario from Gojira to re-write and re-record the drum parts?

Last edited:
Reactions: neal
Or one of those wind-up monkeys that claps his hands with cymbals.

That actually brings up a good point, in all seriousness. I think a better choice would be Pete Webber from Havok. He's really good but not too showy like every single death metal drummer nowadays.

Totally. Good thread idea: Metallica Would Be Even Better with _______ on Drums...

Haha "Metallica would be even better with anyone but Lars on drums."

Man, listening to those demos....all I can say is we've really come a long way as far as young musicians are concerned. Have you heard that RTL demo linked in the article? I'd be ashamed if we sounded like that at practice, much less recording a demo. Maybe it's a bad thing for musicians today to be so good, though. It certainly has pigeonholed death metal drummers into either playing like George Kollias or giving up altogether, because nobody wants a solid, capable drummer in death metal. They have to be a fucking acrobat these days.

Last edited:
I'll by the RTL set. After that pre superbowl show that I had to quit watching after 4 songs because I was embarrassed for them, they need to write Robert a huge check so he can go back to doing something meaningful and just hang it up or out source the band to a group of young kids. They fucking suck so bad now.

Metallica was never good live. They are a studio band and nothing more. That said, I have to thank KEA,RTL,MOP being handed down to me by my brother for getting me into this genre.

They were on Stern and it was horrific, literally the worst live act they have ever had in studio.

Hammets solos live sound like a dying cat in heat getting fucked over the trolololol song..... but yeahm I remember being 12 years old and skipping out of Camelot Records after my sister gave me a gift certificate with a shiny new RTL album, like it was yesterday. How time flies.