metallica still have the goods live

Am I the only one to thinks Metallica are overrated? Sure I have their CDs but crikey they have never been off the scale to me. It's almost like if you're into metal you have to idolise Metallica. Every album after the back album has been poor - admittadly I have not got Magnetic though. Dont get me wrong Im not saying they suck but them seem to be bigger than they deserve to be.

They are over-rated, but only because the first four albums were genre defining classics you'd be a fool not to love. :Smokedev:

After Load came out I was one of the biggest Metallica bashers around, I've come around a little since then. Everything after the Black album I wrote off (though I did like the live album with the Orchestra --- it could have been done better though), but I actually dug Death Magnetic. Not a full return to their roots, but sounds like it could have been released after And Justice... and before the Black Album.

Never seen Metallica live, which is a regret. Even from other big time bashers of their later stuff, I always hear that they kick ass live.

Am I the only one to thinks Metallica are overrated? They have never been off the scale to me. It's almost like if you're into metal you have to idolise Metallica. Dont get me wrong Im not saying they suck but them seem to be bigger than they deserve to be.
This right here is exactly how I feel about Metallica.

They are over-rated, but only because the first four albums were genre defining classics you'd be a fool not to love. :Smokedev:

I guess that makes me a fool.:erk: