Metallica - The Album That Never Cames

It's kinda ridicilous how a band who had their musical prime about 1984 to 1988 lives on simply commercial value when there's a million better bands in metal struggling. Also, one would think St. Anger killed all interest. That album kinda proved what tools most Metallica fans are if they actually enjoy it.

Even if you dislike the newer Metallica, there is no denying that they are/were great musicians at one point. Why don't you list a million better bands that are doing metal and are struggling? There really is not much of a market for metal these days in the mainstream because the people who run major corporations can't profit off of it nearly as much as they can off of mindless hollywood produced musicians.

The fact of the matter is that Metallica got where they were for standing out amongst the rest of the bands. They worked their ass off to get where they were. It wasn't just handed to them. So you should be careful with those words. Saying "shit band" is disrespectful to metal in general. In my opinion, if there were no Metallica there would be no Opeth. I believe Mikael said that once. So, watch your words there pal.

I'm going to go with the same response i've been giving all along (since there is a new Metallica thread every other day)...
Metallica have been on a downward spiral since The Black Album was released. Even though there might be a few good songs on "Load", then they release St.Anger which was the biggest sack of shit ive ever heard.

Simply put, this band needs to throw in the towel...forever.

Hmm, Black album had some great songs. Load had a few good ones too. Sure it wasn't 100% metal, but what do you expect? Bands can't play the same shit over and over, it becomes repetitive. That's why there always has to be a creative element. There is no excuse for St. Anger though. That's something I can't ever forgive. They call it St. Anger because listening to it will piss you off because it sucks so badly.

Saying I should watch my words is a bit lame since this is a band forum and we're supposed to have discussions? Just because I don't dig into the majority's dogma of which bands that should be respected doesn't really mean I disrespect metal.. rather the other way around. Metallica wasn't even among the top bands in the 80's. There we're bands better at both extremity, songwriting and emotion. Metallica just leaned more towards the commercial side from the beginning compared to other Thrash bands etc. in the same time period.

Saying I should watch my words is a bit lame since this is a band forum and we're supposed to have discussions? Just because I don't dig into the majority's dogma of which bands that should be respected doesn't really mean I disrespect metal.. rather the other way around. Metallica wasn't even among the top bands in the 80's. There we're bands better at both extremity, songwriting and emotion. Metallica just leaned more towards the commercial side from the beginning compared to other Thrash bands etc. in the same time period.

Name some bands who were better at song writing? Metal bands I mean.

California has diet light thrash anyways...fuck that shit...listen to some ancient German thrash, be a man!

If you're going to tell me to listen to Sodom and Destruction, then I think I'll pass, as they are mediocre in my opinion. Although, I prefer Destruction.

In the 80's: Slayer, Death, Kreator, Iron Maiden, Candlemass, Overkill, Pestilence, Entombed/Nihilist, Merciless, Destruction, Dark Angel. That's just the beginning.

I disagree entirely. Candlemass is pretty great though. Destruction aren't that great, but they are good. Iron Maiden are good.

Metallica released the best Metal album of all time with "Master of Puppets". Epic, melodic, maybe even progressive, emotional, technical, it has it all.

And FUCK German t(h)rash! Same case as Amon Amarth, it's 'cool' at best, but real quality and musicality, hell no. Except Kreator maybe.

I think Metallica's two best albums are Ride The Lightning and AJFA. AJFA has their two best tracks in the title track and Blackened methinks. Puppets have a few really ridicilous songs in The Thing That Should Not Be (groove metal prelude) and Welcome Home Sanitarium.

What's ridiculous about "Welcome Home"? A fantastic semi-ballad in the vein of Fade to Black and One. The Thing... is surely the least popular song on that album, but I stil like it. But RTL and AJFA are fantastic too in their own right. I just think generally one could say MoP is the ultimate epitome of their carreer.

But AJFA indeed has some fantastic songs, the ones you mentioned, but also "One", no matter how much that song has been played, it's fucking crushing, especially the heavy 2nd half. Also "To Live is to Die" is one amazing instrumental, heaviness supreme, super dramatic. Then there's the fury of "Dyers Eve".. Epic album.

About RTL, I don't know how many times I have had Creeping Death on my old Sony walkman, volume on 10 and banging my head off till the headphones flew through the room :)

I think Metallica's two best albums are Ride The Lightning and AJFA. AJFA has their two best tracks in the title track and Blackened methinks. Puppets have a few really ridicilous songs in The Thing That Should Not Be (groove metal prelude) and Welcome Home Sanitarium.

Welcome Home is a great song. Amazing song. :OMG: