Metallica's "One" video; Slayer's "Seasons" video

Ehh, I like both songs and both videos.:Smug: If I like the song, the video could be a blank screen for all I care, but I think both of these videos are pretty cool.

well considering the fact that MetallicA have been around since before i was born, it didnt really phase me when i first saw the one clip. although going back on thier word is a dog act (esp as it was seen as 'selling out' to 'our good friends at MTV' :err: ). But still, i cant hold it against them. I mean you could look at it in two ways; was it to make money, or was it to put them on the next level... same with slayer megadeath and 'thrax. i rekon that it was to "spread the word of metal", it's just that the "best" ways are sometimes the "worst" aswell.

besides all that, i didnt mind the 'one' clip, bit of a mind fuck, but then if u actually listen to the song, so are the lyrics.

stay metal my firends :headbang:

TheWhisper said:
It seems a lot of people forget the last part of that phrase...business. This is their chosen profession and they want to make money at it, not be a failure. I've always wondered why no one holds others, or themselves, to the same standards, as they do musicians. We've all done, or do, jobs just for the money. We choose what profession to enter and hope to make the most money we can at it. Music is a product you create, manufacture, promote and, hopefully, sell.

When they do it strictly for business and not for the love of the music that is when you compromise your ideals for the sake of the ole mighty $$ ... MOP sold over 500,000 and became a gold record with not so much any airplay, video etc.. it was all word of mouth and the exposure on Ozzy's Ultimate Sin tour... that i respected... they did not need the One video though i liked the video because of the lyrics and visual showing what the lyrics meant (the movie Johnny got his Gun i believe) ... but when they made that video they threw their ideals down the toilet and if they did it that one time then you knew they would whore themselves out after that of which they did with the albums after that (i pretty much knew it right there and then they would even if my friends refused to believe it at the time... i was a lone opinion that Metallica would go commercial in their music)... I don't blame Elektra records etc.. because the ultimate decision was Metallica's.. after MOP they had the power to do what they wanted or didn't want and they chose to be prostitutes to the music business... as for the videos of Megadeth, Slayer etc... yes they did the videos and some came out awesome like Slayer's but they never whored themselves out with their music... they stuck to their guns and never went commercial and still make a good living... im sure Slayer are millionaires if not multimillionaires because all of their albums sold well over the years and they get royalties from them with no airplay and very little video play if at all.... as well as the money they receive from touring, merchandise etc.. that is my two cents and im sticking to it... :loco:

Okay bands for me are about music, not ideals or glamour. I think a video makes a makes a song better. So it therefore improves the band. It's all about the music.

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
When they do it strictly for business and not for the love of the music that is when you compromise your ideals for the sake of the ole mighty $$ ... MOP sold over 500,000 and became a gold record with not so much any airplay, video etc.. it was all word of mouth and the exposure on Ozzy's Ultimate Sin tour... that i respected... they did not need the One video though i liked the video because of the lyrics and visual showing what the lyrics meant (the movie Johnny got his Gun i believe) ... but when they made that video they threw their ideals down the toilet and if they did it that one time then you knew they would whore themselves out after that of which they did with the albums after that (i pretty much knew it right there and then they would even if my friends refused to believe it at the time... i was a lone opinion that Metallica would go commercial in their music)... I don't blame Elektra records etc.. because the ultimate decision was Metallica's.. after MOP they had the power to do what they wanted or didn't want and they chose to be prostitutes to the music business... as for the videos of Megadeth, Slayer etc... yes they did the videos and some came out awesome like Slayer's but they never whored themselves out with their music... they stuck to their guns and never went commercial and still make a good living... im sure Slayer are millionaires if not multimillionaires because all of their albums sold well over the years and they get royalties from them with no airplay and very little video play if at all.... as well as the money they receive from touring, merchandise etc.. that is my two cents and im sticking to it... :loco:

He's longwinded but he's right...:D

People often forget that Metallica was selling out mid-sized arenas in 1988-89 for the AJFA album. I'm pretty sure you're making some nice coin being in a four man band playing to 11-15,000 people a night for a whole tour.

There's a reason why Used Car Salesmen have a bad reputation, it's for a legitimate reason. There's also a reason why Metallica is universally known as the biggest sellouts in Hard Rock music, it's also for a legitmate reason.