Metalshop radio show

Greeno

Oct 14, 2003
WV USA
metalshop02.jpg

I posted about this radio show a while back but no one seemed to remember it, so I thought I'd upload a sample. The mp3 is about the first 5 minutes of the show so you can get a feel for what it was like. This is from the week of Nov. 15, 1985.

http://nasapunk.tripod.com/greeno/ms-01.mp3

If anyone would like to hear the rest of the show let me know and I'll post more. The show itself is 1 hour long and is divided into 4 mp3's. I've been trying to track down old copies of the show on vinyl and have so far burnt 5 shows to disc. The show ran for 560 episodes, about 11 years starting in 1983 or so. It's mainly just the more popular metal bands from the day, lots of "metal news" and interviews. They are a cool blast from the past!

If you want to hear more let me know.

USMC0341 said:
Were they located in South Orange New Jersey? I know WSOU used to do a metal show, and the name Metal Shop rings a bell...lemme give it a listen...

It was a syndicated radio show... kinda like King Biscuit or the show Dee Snider does now.... It was recorded in NY City. Each week the stations that played it would get a copy of the show on vinyl. So the show was heard all over the US.