metric halo channel strip on master bus?

dan weapon

Planet Smasher
Nov 14, 2005
Aberdeen
www.myspace.com
Does anyone use the MH channel strip as a masterbus comp?

I could do with a masterbus compressor and don't fancy shelling it out for waves SSL bundle solely for the SSL G-Master Buss Compressor (which as far as I'm aware you can't buy on it's own).

Obviously Andy loves the MH channel strip (which to me is a reason to take note of it's quality, rather than simply to just go out and buy it)

I'm aware it's most popularly used on drums, but do any of you use it in abundance on other tracks?

Cheers!

i use it on drums of course, and then anything else other than main guitars bass or lead vocals.
So all the little overdubs like bvs and keys and synth and rhodes and all that sorta shit.
did use it on the 2 bus for a bit, quite liked it as well. then i used UAD ssl bus then switched to mcdsp analog channel. which is THE FUCKING BOMB buy it. buy it now.

Thanks for the reply dude.

What's so special about the analog channel, i.e why do you like it so much and what do you use it on? From mcdsp's site it seems to be $195 for the native version...

Just realised you live in Guildford (or near)... coincidently, my drummer used to live in Farnham and my parents currently live in Woking. So I will be back home in Surrey at christmas.

I love the way it gently squishes and clips things. (ac2) Awesome. gives you loads more headroom in the mix plus, its my favourite 2bus comp (ac1), even though technically it isn't a compressor.
Its easy to overdo, but after you learn a little restraint it can really help your mixes, fattend up the drums in an amazing way

Mental!
Yeah I actually live in Woking! studios in farnborough but im normally in Guildford, probably coz Woking is an immense shit hole